Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this might be a bit long but I need advice...
I've been working at a convenience store for about a year and 5 months now, and I love my job because it's SO easy and the people are great. Recently, I've been getting phone calls at work and at home, but when I answer the person never speaks.
The most I've heard out of these 100's of phone calls I've gotten in the past couple months, is maybe someone breathing. No backround noise or anything. It's really starting to scare me because today when I went to work to take over for a co-worker, she told me that a man had called about four or five times asking for me. When she told him I wasn't there on the last call, he then proceeded to try and ask her personnal questions about me. Like, if I had a boyfriend, and etc... Thankfully she told him that she would not answer any kind of questions pertaining to my personnal life because he would not leave his name, or any kind of a message.
I've *69'd the number a few times, and sometimes its been blocked, other times I've gotten the number. No one I know recognizes the number. I'm not sure if this might be someone I know just trying to have a little bit of fun, if it was at least I would be more at ease knowing I'm not in any severe touble or danger from this person. I don't want to get the police involved because I hate dealing with shit like that, and if it's someone I know I wouldn't want to get them into any trouble for it if they're just kidding around. Though at the same time, I don't know how serious this might be.
What do you think I should do? Any other suggestions other than call the police? I want to leave that as my last resort...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
If this person is calling you hundreds of times then its not just a funny prank anymore. If it were just a joke then they would have stopped after a couple calls. What i would do is keep a log of when this person calls and what the number is, if you can get it. Also call your phone company and see if they can send you a list of all the numbers that have called you in the past year and then go through it and see if the same number keeps calling you. Also if you go to the police they might be able to trace the number thru the phone company for you. If this has been going on for as long as you say it has and the person is asking people for your personal info then its not funny any more, its harassment. I would bother waiting to go to the police, if this person has been stalking you for that long they probly arent stable and you should not try and deal with them on your own. Hope you catch the guy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but it says its unlisted, I have the number but I can't find who it belongs to. When this first all started, I figured it was probably just a couple kids messin around, but once I found out it was a man who spoke to my co-worker, that's when it started to scare me....
 
G

·
blondie said:
yeah but it says its unlisted, I have the number but I can't find who it belongs to. When this first all started, I figured it was probably just a couple kids messin around, but once I found out it was a man who spoke to my co-worker, that's when it started to scare me....
In all honesty, the copy probably can't do anything about it. But, I would definately call right away and speak with someone right away. They'll be able to tell you if they can help. But, from personal experience, I wouldn't block the caller's number or change your number. It sounds like it's a definate problem. I'd call the cops asap, it can't hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,153 Posts
I say at the very least file a report with the police (it can't hurt right?)

also if it isn't a huge deal at your store try to make sure there is always someone else on with you (don't work alone) and make sure someone (a friend, family member or co worker) always knows where you are (I don't mean call your mom to say your going to the bathroom but let people know when you go out) so that if you don't come back they will know something is up.

If you do find out who it is DO NOT cofnront him yourself immediately go to the police about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
hobie237 said:
it never hurts to file a police report

that way you have evidence that it was a long problem if and when you take him to court or try to get a restraining order
yeah, btw you can call your local phone provider and ask them about the "annoying call" service and they'll track these annonymous calls too ;)
 
G

·
dogyamissedit said:
...also if it isn't a huge deal at your store try to make sure there is always someone else on with you (don't work alone) and make sure someone (a friend, family member or co worker) always knows where you are (I don't mean call your mom to say your going to the bathroom but let people know when you go out) so that if you don't come back they will know something is up...
This is good advice. I always write down where I'm going and when I expect to be back because I had a similar situation that turned into something pretty bad. And, because of that situation, I have 911 programmed into my cell phone, just incase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Damn, that sounds like me...

For about a yr now, Im always gettin phone calls late at night and when I answer they hang up
Then they call 5 min later and they hang up, its been pissin me off

During the day, it doesnt faze me, but when it happens it pisses me off kuz its been over a yr and they do the same shit every time

My relief comes from the possibility that if they show up on my door step, and they start shit, I got some heat waitin for them

But, Blondie, if it scares u then call the police

Or u can redirect the calls to 911, I've heard of some people who do it, but Im not sure how......

Anywayz, Good luck :byye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dogyamissedit said:
I say at the very least file a report with the police (it can't hurt right?)

also if it isn't a huge deal at your store try to make sure there is always someone else on with you (don't work alone) and make sure someone (a friend, family member or co worker) always knows where you are (I don't mean call your mom to say your going to the bathroom but let people know when you go out) so that if you don't come back they will know something is up.

If you do find out who it is DO NOT cofnront him yourself immediately go to the police about it.

well see that kind of is a problem because I do work alone, I run the store for my boss when hes gone, and generally if he or the other lady isnt there, I am. See I don't know if this is going to run into some sort of situation where I might not be able to work for a while, and honestly I need the money just as bad as the next person. I live VERY close to where I work too, which could be another problem.
I called the police though, they spoke to my co-worker, and they told me they were going to try and find out who this person is. I'm not sure what is going to happen next, but I guess we'll wait and see...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Im glad you call the police b/c now its on record and they are aware that its a problem and something that needs to be done about it. Be sure to keep the police updated if anything new happens. Hope everything works out and you are safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
ThGLiF951 said:
Damn, that sounds like me...

For about a yr now, Im always gettin phone calls late at night and when I answer they hang up
Then they call 5 min later and they hang up, its been pissin me off

During the day, it doesnt faze me, but when it happens it pisses me off kuz its been over a yr and they do the same shit every time

My relief comes from the possibility that if they show up on my door step, and they start shit, I got some heat waitin for them

But, Blondie, if it scares u then call the police

Or u can redirect the calls to 911, I've heard of some people who do it, but Im not sure how......

Anywayz, Good luck :byye
forward the calls
i had my calls forwarded to my friend cell before just to mess with the people trying to call me :tu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha I should have... BUT they traced the number for me, and it led back to some 45 year old man's cell phone... They asked him about the calls I guess but, the guy told the police he had lost his phone about 3 weeks ago, they gave me the guys name and a description of him incase of anything, but the thing is, these calls started maybe somewhere around the second week of january? And before that cell number began coming up, the number was always blocked, so now it's getting a bit confusing... I'm not sure if we should believe the old dude that it wasn't him, or not... I'm confused, I just want whoever it is to leave me alone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Stratford Ontario eh Blondie?
Im from the Barrie area. I could come up there and kick his ass for ya if you want. No but seriously, thats some freaky stuff. I dont think the old dudes story pans out though, doesnt really make sense. Well I guess al you can do is wait and see if the calls stop. If they do then it was probably the old guy, I mean that would have scared him having a visit from the police.
Well I hope he gets the message now!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top