Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
starter kill is pretty much standard for all alarms, but ask to besure before installing. the starter kill itself is just a basic relay, but i wouldnt reconmed doing it yourself if your a newb. dont mess with the wire unless you know what youre doing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya this seemed pretty complicated, and on top of it if you tried to start it without the directional, the horn beeped :aww
i kinda liked it, and i hope my alarm installer wil consider something like this.

how does this work with the alarm system? doesnt the immboliser usually center around the alarms disengagement? this is a totally seperate thing, my neighbor doesnt even have keyless entry.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
the starter kill works with the alarm by disengauging the starter wire when the system is armed and engauging the starter wire when disarmed. most alarms will go off when someone tries to start the car while armed too. you can add the horn honking feature if you like, but it could cost extra. horn honking uses the car's horn but only when the alarm is set off, not when its chirpping. as for the factory alarm, dont worry about it the aftermarket alarm will control it. and youd only have to worry about the immobilizer if youre installing remote start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an alarm on my Civic. What I did was run a separate starter kill that is triggered by my radio. I have an Alpine with detachable face plate, but any radio with a removable face will work. Without the faceplate on the radio the car will not start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.