Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night after it rained hard, my car wouldn’t start up. It was because it got soaked up and that understandable. Well in the morning when i tried to start it up, the starter just clicked and nothing happened. I tried again and again and the 3rd time was the charm. I wasn’t too worried about it and thought it was just from the rain the night before. Well that was 2 weeks ago and for the last 4 days, the starter just clicks in the morning. It doesn’t do it during the day, just in the morning when the engine is cold. It was much colder during the winter and i had no problems what so ever so i don’t know why it does it now. Does this mean that my started is going out and can it be fixed without replacing the starter? Thx in advance

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
if your auto ill sell you a perfecting working one from my auto 94 for dirt cheap. dont need it cuz i did a manual swap and im using a manual lude starter now. lmk.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bonestock94 said:
if your auto ill sell you a perfecting working one from my auto 94 for dirt cheap. dont need it cuz i did a manual swap and im using a manual lude starter now. lmk.
its a manual and i will check for water/condensation in distributer cap. Thanks on the help.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i dont think its the starter. its sounds like the distributor to me. let us know what you find when you check out the dizzy.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
if it were the distributor, then the starter would still crank, but it wouldn't turn over like what bonestock said. but since it's not even cranking, it has to be something w/ the starter or the battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts