Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am in the process of swapping out a D16Y8 with bad compression for a D16Y7. I got the engine in and all wired up and I am having problems with the starter. The transmission, Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and starter are all from the D16Y8 and were working perfectly before the swap. Problem is the starter will not engage with the flywheel. When I installed the flywheel I put it on the same it came off the Y8. The starter and flywheel both have the same stock numbers, implying they are the same on the Y7 and the Y8.

I have taking the starter to AutoZone twice and it checked out fine both times. Right now I have the starter rigged up to bypass the ignition switch and I am jumping it directly from the battery using cables. The starter is working perfectly fine. It is spinning, the bendix is popping out and back in. I measured and it is roughly 1 3/4 inch from the back of the flywheel to where the starter mounts, the starter is roughly the same with maybe a eight inch more. The flywheel will turn over, by hand.

The starter is working but not "touching" the flywheel for some reason. I have no idea what would cause this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.