Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car's having a hard time starting. i turn the key and there's one click then nothing. my friend says it's the starter.. now my question.. i have an ls/v. what kinda starter do i get? vtec or non-vtec? does it matter? also, how much should i be paying for this thing.. and is a reman as good as new? this is also gonna be my first time doing this. is there anything i should watch out for when replacing it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
we'll theres nothing you have to worry about. and your going to want to get the ls starter because its an ls starter. just should just be a plug and two or three screws nothing to hard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i never knew there was a vtec starter... :confused but im pretty sure juss get a regular ls starter... there two bolts, a ground n a negative i believe? same situation happen to me until i smell sumthin really funny coming frm my under my hood... n it was my starter.. that thing gone bad n fried... yea ran to a near autozone real quick n got a new one n got some money back if u bring in your old one :byye

p.s n im hoping ur talking about tha starter that goes through ur tranny... :ninja

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Make sure your battery terminals are tight. I had one that was just a little loose and that thing didn't start.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I would check a few things first b4 you go out and replace your starter. Check you battery and all connections.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
you can remove the starter and take it to the auto-store like autozone. they'll test it out to see if the starter is good or bad. It is a good way to know before you do anything else.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah you can go to autozone and the will test it for free..and if its the starter get the LS on since you have a LS block.. its simple to install it will prob take you 10-15 if that .. i say like 8 min really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts