Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
One of my uncles has had a stealth for years. He loves it and is prolly never gonna sell it. Of course he bought it new, Used may be a different story if they raced it or whatnot.

Go see it!

· Registered
12,453 Posts
is this the 4wd turbo 6 or just the FWD n/a 6?

If its the FWD 6 car, imo, Ive heard good things as a daily driver with some style and gusto, but its performance capabilities arent as great due to its weight and still being an FF car.

Depends what you want from the car.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
ummm it's like a 300zx....one of the most cramped engine bays you'll ever see. good thing is that the motors are cheap should anything go wrong. they just have cramped interiors for their size.

catalog_category

i think they're gorgeous cars though and i'd definitely rock a twin turbo one or even an n/a one as a daily driver baller car

· Registered
478 Posts
They are the same car as the 3000gt other than slight appearance changes. They always seemed like good cars to me. I'd say go take a look at it.

· Registered
478 Posts
if you guys what to be jdm it's not called a 3000gt. it's a gto
Fuck JDM. I don't care what they label it in Japan. I don't care what kind of fog lights or ash trays or map lights they have in Japan. Now if they have better motors or suspension then by all means import them but I really don't care about the rest.

· Registered
131 Posts
I know I'm a few days late to the party, but you might want to let your friend know about the 120k service on the 3kGT/Stealth, it can be a real buzz kill. Go to 3000GT/Stealth International and use their wiki, search for the 60/120k service and see what it is. If he can't do it himself, count on an extra $1000 on that purchase price once it gets to 120k... unless he likes the idea of a snapped timing belt and a rebuild.

Also find out if it is the base Stealth, the ES, the RT, or the RT/TT. The base and ES have the same body style, but the ES has the same performance as the RT. The base is a SOHC that is a dog, no go at all. The ES and RT (non-Turbo) have a DOHC 6 that will give you slightly less performance than a B16A Civic or Sol. The RT/TT is snappy and fast, but requires far more in the way of upkeep.

I almost bought a Stealth RT before getting my Sol, but 20 MPG and more upkeep at greater cost made me change my mind. Just make sure he knows what he is getting into, they aren't the cheapest cars out there to keep in prime running condition.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I had a chance to buy a stealth once. 3400, it was painted BMW blue, had some sweet looking 18s alloys on it, stock body, dropped like an inch, nice exhaust and ran so smooth. Had 200k, which was what stopped me. I see it driving around from time to time during the summer. I was interested in it 2 years ago. Goes to show mitsu motors do last if you take care of em.

Also, they get about 25mpg, not 20. At least the one I was interested in got 25mpg, I know he had an aftermarket ECU in there, not sure of the brand, Im thinking it was AEM though, had it cuz he had a full exhaust and intake on it, he said once he bolted those on, he dyno'd it then ran the ECU he bought, tuned it, and got an extra 15 or 20hp.

· Registered
131 Posts
They get 25 highway / 19 city based on the estimates done for the 95 model year. Until just a few years ago, the EPA estimated gas milage differntly than they do now (now they account for actual conditions and accelleration after braking in traffic, not just a sustained speed on a track like before). Using the new EPA methods, they are listed at 23 highway, 17 city (20 average).

Being that my mix is about 20% city / 80% highway, giving a combined result of 23 MPG combined using the old method, 21 MPG combined using the new EPA method.

Source:
Fuel Economy (neat site to mess around on, lots of info).

· Registered
10,346 Posts
My car is rated for like 29 or 31, I forget, but when my car was running good it got 40mpg no problem.

· Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
best thing you can do is ask on a DSM forum or a car-specific forum for the Stealth/3KGT, I work on DSMs, just they're AWD eclipses and whatnot....

· Registered
10,346 Posts
best thing you can do is ask on a DSM forum or a car-specific forum for the Stealth/3KGT, I work on DSMs, just they're AWD eclipses and whatnot....
x2

· Registered
1,174 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.