Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was driving and the front transmission mount bolts fell out while I was driving and the motor dropped w the transmission and broke the passenger side axle seal and the front tranny mount got split in half and the passenger side trans mount shattered including the mounting plate to the transmission. So I bought a new axle from Pep Boys for like $80 and new mounts/bracket from Honda. I installed everything myself and everything looks good the motor sits fine, nothing seems damaged, but I noticed that when I get on the gas HARD the steering wheel and the shifter start shaking. then when I let off it stops. I also noticed some shaking if I put it in Neutral and coast to a stop at a stop light. It feels like something is off balance like something is loose somewhere and I keep checking the mounts and everything looks good so IDK what it could be. The axle looks fine too. IDK What it is but my car isnt the same as before. It used to be so much smoother now its all shaky. IDK I guess Im writing this to see if anyone on here has any ideas. If you do, please let me know thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o and one more thing: I had to pop the tie rod off so I can fit the new axle in. I heard a rumor that once you pop the tie rod then u need to replace it. I didnt replace mine and it wiggles now. Are the tie rods supposed to be able to move around?
I believe if you remove a tie-rod, you should get your alignment re-done.
And yeah there should be some movement in the tie-rod near the ball.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts