Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really.. but sometimes.. at least here in San Jose (best import race scene on the planet).. I wonder about all the stickers I see plastered on every panel of these cars.
To tell you the truth, I like stickers, if done right, they can add to the cars looks.

Actually, right now.. my car has about 600$ worth of vinal crazyness. of course, that is all a waste because I am getting the car repainted, meaning no more stickers. I hate to see manufactures sending graphics to peeps who buy their shit, and they just throw them away? put them under your hood if you wanna keep the ride clean, don't just screw the manufacturers by not supporting their products. the only thing I hate is peeps putting VTEC stickers on their rides when they don't have it.. don't lie and people won't really car what sticker you put there.

anyway...that's that.. I just got home from a race and was wondering what you peeps thought about the sticker thing.... I'd show you my car, but I don't wanna get laughed at.

· Registered
442 Posts
Most people in ti forum in the past really down stickers, and I understand why and I agree.

However, stickers if done right can play an important role for manufactures and us in that it advertises and suppots the products that we use. Just like any business vehicle that has its logo on the side our cars display our proucts an our businesses (importscene).

Stickers must be done tastefully and truthfully.

(just my 2 cents)

· Registered
1,170 Posts
yeah...and the sad thing is, most people dont do "it" right. Where i live, people w/ stickers n' graphics are usually laughed at unless they have a nice paint scheme or something. I mean...most peple out here are like, "why should i advertise the company if they aren't paying me" which is how i feel. I mean, i may but a sticker of my friends performance shop "Prospeed Performance" just cuz its tasteful, and he hooked me up big time w/ my swap.

· Registered
176 Posts
DAFeLUNG said:
yeah...and the sad thing is, most people dont do "it" right. Where i live, people w/ stickers n' graphics are usually laughed at unless they have a nice paint scheme or something. I mean...most peple out here are like, "why should i advertise the company if they aren't paying me" which is how i feel. I mean, i may but a sticker of my friends performance shop "Prospeed Performance" just cuz its tasteful, and he hooked me up big time w/ my swap.
Go the [url]www.riceboypage.com[/URL]
It is a good example .....put a wrong sticker on the windsheild

· Registered
12 Posts
I think stickers look horrible on any car unless they are all one color and are lined along up the front of the door or along the bottom of the side. Otherwise stickers suck. It has been my experience that most people that have stickers don't have the parts to back themn up. I think most people that have alot of stickers are doing it just to get attention. Thats my opinion
Maybe one windshield banner for the club your in, thats ok to do that to.
Thats my opinion
if you wanna show your sickers put them in your garage or toolbox.
Thats what i do. My car is plain but my tool box has an aem intake, brembo rotors and koni adjustables.

· Registered
176 Posts
ZookZ said:
I think stickers look horrible on any car unless they are all one color and are lined along up the front of the door or along the bottom of the side. Otherwise stickers suck. It has been my experience that most people that have stickers don't have the parts to back themn up. I think most people that have alot of stickers are doing it just to get attention. Thats my opinion
Maybe one windshield banner for the club your in, thats ok to do that to.
Thats my opinion
if you wanna show your sickers put them in your garage or toolbox.
Thats what i do. My car is plain but my tool box has an aem intake, brembo rotors and koni adjustables.
Hehehe .. guy..:vpleased: .. your tool box is a rice-tool box . .
..anyway. just kidding . ....:D ..i think putting some sticker on a tool book is not a bad idea ..
I put my razo sticker on my computer case . .:D

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad to see so many good responces (by good I mean ones I agreed with)
especially what ZookZ says.. all one color, all lined up.

That's actually what I have.
And crew stickers.. those are nice. Everyone in our club has our stickers which include, SpeedTechniques (clubname) window banner, Dragon Auto (sponsor) PFI Valley (sponsor) FingerNail (Sponsor). there are about 50 of us (in a town with a population of 9000) and it doesn't look so bad when you have 50 cars

I like the riceboy website.. it's full of shit, the guy has no clue what these people have done to the cars.. but that's OK, he didn't show us his car, I bet he drives a pink miata with leapord printed seat covers.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
i hate dem foos wit sticker all over their cars...and their shit aint even fast....shit today i saw a 95 accord stock height wit sum wal mart hub caps wit hella stickers of brands n shit n sum altezza tails......man i laughed so much.......

· Registered
467 Posts
I have to agree with Zookz on this one. Decals can look alright if they are done correctly, but usually they are not.
Personally I would NEVER put any kind of decal/sticker on my car with the exception of a club decal or IF I was getting paid to advertise for the company. (Like that'll happen!)
I don't see any purpose in dropping stickers on my car and doing free advertising for somethin that I already paid for. Personally I go with the clean look and I don't see how being an "advertising campaign" fits that.
But to each their own.:sleep:

· Registered
2,120 Posts
i have stickers...but its only of my crew logo on the side windows and thats about it

TEAM PSIKOTIC

· Registered
45 Posts
I think stickers/decals serve a big purpose... but as for me I say no. Most are for products of companies that want a profit. But if they aren't sponsering me or anything why waste my time and car space to support them, hell I bought the product, that should be enough for them. But maybe for carshows and drag racers i think stickers do serve a purpose. Street cars I don't see much of a reason for them, but I do in no way down anyone if they do. I think it can look trashy but if it's not on my car, I don't care. As for me, I doubt I'll put any stickers on my ride. And I think we all agree that putting stickers to advertise products or TypeOfCar is ridiculous, eg: vtech for non vtecs, SiR/Si stickers, etc...
Just my 46 cents :D

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you guys have it all wrong. or maybe not.
my opinion on supporting companys:

I don't put the sticker there because they paid me to, or because I think they need my help to spread the word. I put them there because I bought that product for a reason, I LIKE IT, and I like the company that made it, beause they make good products, they kick ass I want people to know that I like these guys, cause they DO make good stuff.

thats all

· Registered
1,389 Posts
stickers are bad unless ur getting paid for em... there is no doen right either unless ur racing ur car and have em there for a purpose its a big sign that says steal me i have this, this, this, and this u know its bad for u to have the stickers there is a theft undeterant sytem if u think about it. and ur viper sticker is the only one besides other back off stickers id say should be there.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
how bout a big ass sticker that says "Back the fuck off im watching you and i have a gun pointed at your heaD" hahaha.....what im gonna do is set up a pinhole camera in my steering wheel and set up some sort of recording mechanism so that way if sumone tries to jack my shit i will b watching them and i will go to their house and then it will b like LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1

· Registered
425 Posts
if you are running a club or race club sticker its ok but if you are running all the gay little stickers you buy at dumbass shows then thats what we call " sticker powered " meaning you get 5 hp everytime you put a sticker on your car
just my two cents worth!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.