Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on stiffening the chasis, so im planning to get strut bar (upper front and rear), front and rear tie bars, and front and rear sway, is there anything in here that i dont really need and why

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my chasis flex to much, when i turn the rear wheel come off the ground about a foot, thats why i want to stiffen it up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what a friend said, i was in the car, but im sure the wheel did come off the ground, maybe not not that much, i did see a sentra do the same though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for tip, front strut is being shipping right now, saving up for tein ss coilovers and the rest of the stuff, ill get the sway first like you said and if im still not happy ill just get the rest, just dont want to spend money when i dont have to

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I beg to differ with 4bidden.

I like my front sway bar. I tried the whole rear bar only and I got some nice balance of the car.....but it still didn't handle well. I threw a front sway bar on (neuspeed 30mm bar) and the car handles WAY better and is WAY faster through a course, but I increased understeer.

I made the balance worse....but still increased the speed/time through the course which is most people's goals.

I just bought a Progress 27MM rear sway bar with adjustable endlinks and will install it soon to get better balance.

I suggest buying a front and rear strut bar, front and rear sway bar with adjustable rear, and play with dampening settings on the shocks to factor out the big front sway bar.

if you need what products I used...I can list them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Close as I ever got to three wheelin it on stock suspension in a picture that I know of. stock everything

Bone stock

Very stiff chasis

Really cool

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
thats where you want the stiff front and rear sway bars:)

also lower CG with higher spring rates.

body roll is off the stock age:)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the tie bars are important, and help you stiffen the car considerably.
if you were to do the same with lower tie bars, you'd be nice and stiff.
sway bars don't control stiffness of the car, they control the roll.
removing the front will give you a "feel" of a more balanced car, but in reality, you're only taking away from the car's handling limits.
putting a rear bar (larger) on will do the same as removing the front, but instead of lowering the limits, it will raise the limits of the car's handling.
it'll feel the same in both instances, but the actual limit is higher when you upgrade instead of remove a bar.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I have a used suspension techniques REAR sway bar if you want it!!!!

FS how about 100 bucks????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lOOkatme said:
I have a used suspension techniques REAR sway bar if you want it!!!!

FS how about 100 bucks????

me? where can i find the front, they come in a set. but 100 ship and its a deal:D

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
supercar60 said:
me? where can i find the front, they come in a set. but 100 ship and its a deal:D
let me check how much shipping is to your location.

email me your address, [email protected]

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
supercar60 said:
where can i get the front st sway, do they sell it seperately?........
yea look around.

I do know a guy on preludeo nline. c o m was selling one. it was 100 bucks I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts