Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front end is still making a thumpin noise my mechanic said that my suspension is still good but my tires are severly worn on the outside edge any suggestions :bash :bomb

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Rotating your tires every 3000 to 5000 miles keeps the tires from doing that. Also, get your car aligned every other tire rotation.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thumping noise? Is it when just driving straight or when turning a certain direction? You shouldn't have a thumping noise-- maybe a bad tie rod? or wheel bearing? When I had bad wear on my tires it was because my lower control arm bushings were fucked. I would jack the car up and try wiggling the wheen from top to bottom and side to side. You shouldn't have very much play at all. And then look at your bushings-- you will be able to see if they are done-- they will just be mushy, shredded rubber

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
narfer said:
Thumping noise? Is it when just driving straight or when turning a certain direction? You shouldn't have a thumping noise-- maybe a bad tie rod? or wheel bearing? When I had bad wear on my tires it was because my lower control arm bushings were fucked. I would jack the car up and try wiggling the wheen from top to bottom and side to side. You shouldn't have very much play at all. And then look at your bushings-- you will be able to see if they are done-- they will just be mushy, shredded rubber
It happens whenever I'm driving peroid

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
narfer said:
whenever I'm driving my mechanic told me to get an alignment he also said that my struts and shocks are good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.