Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 1999 Honda Accord 2-door LX. When she had the tires rotated they said that the front was out of alignment and the tires were wearing bad. When we took it in to have the alignment done they were able to do the front no problem. The issues came on the rear:

The guy at the shop said that Accords have an adjustment for the Toe on the rear but they do not have an adjustment for the Camber. He said that Accords rear tires normally have a negative 0.5 degree camber to them and that her car has a positive 1.5 degrees. He thought that car must have hit a curb or pothole which is possible. His solution was to install adjustable rear upper control arms.

Being that this is not my car I am not all that familiar with how it all works.

Is it correct that accords dont have a rear camber adjustment?

Is it very uncommon that they are positive by almost 1.5 degrees and it is something that really should be fixed?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
262 Posts
The only reason I can think the camber is off is when you lower a car, like mine. Also when you do hit something. I would get the problem fixed before the tires get eaten up. I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
having a +1.5 rear camber is out of wack.. the spec range is 0 to -1.

what that tech told you is true, accords do not have rear camber adjustments, only toe.. he is also correct in recommending an upper control arm camber kit. they noramally run for about 100 to 150 for both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts