Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STOCK GS-R ECU At what RPMs is the VTEC activiated?

Hi, I would like to know the specs of a STOCK (non Chiped) ECU for the 95 Integra GS-R DOHC VTEC (P72 ECU)USDM.

At what RPMs is the VTEC activiated? 4,400rpm?? 5,500rpm ??? :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your help

· Registered
55 Posts
VTEC is activated at 4400 RPM, the intake manifold's secondary intake runners open at 5700 RPM.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i got a b16A , and i have the p28 Chiped, and my vtec activate at 5,000rpm, just 1 time, and today i brought a P72 ECU , i want to know if my B16A engine second gen have the secundary and if it going to activate at 4,400 and then 5,600rpm. 2 times???

· Registered
2,575 Posts
shocky said:
ok, i got a b16A , and i have the p28 Chiped, and my vtec activate at 5,000rpm, just 1 time, and today i brought a P72 ECU , i want to know if my B16A engine second gen have the secundary and if it going to activate at 4,400 and then 5,600rpm. 2 times???

read your other THREAD.

MrSwirly said:
VTEC is activated at 4400 RPM, the intake manifold's secondary intake runners open at 5700 RPM.
Correcto:)

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks!!

Gracias!! :D

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I DONT KNOW WHY , MY ECU (P72) ACTIVATE VTEC AT 4,800 WHEN I DRIVE NORMALY, BUT WHEN I PUT THE PEDAL GAS TO THE FLOOR, THE VTEC ACTIVATE AT 4,400 ONLY IN FIRST GEAR, I DONT KNOW WHY!! :confused:

· Registered
54 Posts
because it is dependent upon how open the throttle is. the earliest it will activate is 4.4k...the latest is around 4.7-4.8k. i have noticed this in my gsr, too. at wide open throttle it will kick in sooner. and it will always kick in unlike the secondaries...they only come on when you are at full throttle. and this is for all gears.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MrSwirly said:
Does the TYPE R Intake Manifold Has the SECONDARY function??:confused:

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.