Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first : I have a 00 civic si, and I was wondering if somebody can help me out where exactly is the stock ignition coil, I think I have located it, but I want to make sure before I start doing stuff

second : to run 75 shot safley i know you need colder plugs and ignition, im already getting ngk plugs and i want msd ignition, but i just need to know everything i need to run a complete ingition system and what is recommended, and also what to retard the ingition to for the 75 shot

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
the coils are inside the dist. so you'll have to take off the cap, rotor and shield to get to it. you can remove it completely and then safely connect to the + and - wires from the large coil. run them outside the cap and shield to connect to an MSD or other type of ignition system, such as the 6A or SCI unit.

with 75 shot go one step colder on the plugs and about 2 degrees retard on the ignition timing. you should be fine though the stock fuel pump should probably be increased to a 190 or better yet the 255 incase you go bigger in the future. it's a bit more $$ but worth it to be safe, you don't want to lean out while on the bottle.

later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts