Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that I'm going to start driving my car really nicely and drive it like a daily driver, and just save my money for a car that's worth modding (IMHO) so I want to change the intake back to stock (nice and quiet) and I wasn't sure if there was a website that I could get it from or if I had to get owned by the dealership. Thanks! (btw classifieds on sho didn't seem to have any from a few quick searches)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
i think you may be in luck....i MIGHT have the stock intake piping laying around for my 6gen. if i do, i'll give it to you for $10 + shipping you will probably have to get a new paper filter, but those are pretty cheap from autozone anyways. i'll let you know when i rummage thru my stuff sometime this week :)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
okay, how's $20 for both pieces if i find it?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i dont see how an intake would void your warranty when running nitrous has already voided your warranty.

how would they find out you ask?

automotive grade nitrous has sulfur added in to it so that people don't "huff" it and get high off of it and so that if there was a leak you would be able to smell the sulfur. so if you bring it in to the dealer for some sort of warranty claim on the engine where they'd needed to disassemble the head or block they will know you were running nitrous from the sulfur deposits unless you have been running medical grade nitrous which is pure. when i firsted started spraying i was weary of this even though the warranty on my car was long gone. i ran medical grade nitrous a few times but that shit is illegal to obtain/transport without proper licenses.

atleast the intake you can just take it off and put the stock on back on in like 10 mins. at crusing speeds my AEM short ram or my generic CAI arent that loud.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
hey guys QUIT TRYING TO SCREW ME OUT OF $20!!!! :lol

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol no they won't, I want the stock intake. The main reason is because my aftermarket intake has my nitrous nozzle on it. Plus, everything basically looks stock except for the intake and filter, so I don't want the mechanics assuming that I'm just a kid running the piss out of my car or something, hell the noise started from me driving it normally to work. I haven't sprayed for a long long time. I would like the intake really soon though, so if you have it, i'll pay extra for quicker shipping and if you let me do paypal i'll even add whatever percent they charge you to transfer the money into your bank account. thanks!

oh yea btw yea it's not super loud but when i put the stock one back on before i threw it away, it was SOOOO quiet... yea my aftermarket isn't bad while just cruising but when you throw stock back on there IS a big difference. but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :)

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
krazykloudz said:
I decided that I'm going to start driving my car really nicely and drive it like a daily driver, and just save my money for a car that's worth modding (IMHO) so I want to change the intake back to stock (nice and quiet) and I wasn't sure if there was a website that I could get it from or if I had to get owned by the dealership. Thanks! (btw classifieds on sho didn't seem to have any from a few quick searches)
you are probably one of the smartest person here on SHO. no joke~~ you get a rep for that~ :clap

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
okay, i just found what seems to be the intake and the piping. i found two intake boxes. hopefully the one i pulled is for the accord. the shape of the pipe for sure is for the accord, but the box is hard to recognize if i don't have a car to compare it with. i didn't bother opening the box to see the if it's a honda filter yet cuz it's raining out and i'm sick. now the problem will be finding a box to put it in. anyways, we can probably start taking this to PM now since it's not much of a public issue. i'll close the thread. pm me when you wanna start working out the details :tu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.