Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
This topic has been covered several times before.

Regardless of "if" you need it, WE DON'T HAVE IT!

It is a code that is specific to each cars radio. In the past you used to be able to find it inscribed on top of the radio itself or under the ashtray or under the center console. In dfferent places depending on if it was an Integra or Del-sol.

In order to get it, you need the cars VIN and you need to call either your Acura sales dealership or any local Acura dealership. They have a database that lists the codes.

BUT, be forwarned that many unscrupulous dealerships will attempt to charge you a fee I've seen as much as $50. just for the code and up to between $80. to $100. for them to enter the code themselves. That is total B.S.

A good dealership will freely give you the code without any charge "IF" you supply the VIN, Personal identification, and proper paperwork that lists You as the owner...

Good luck,,,

A.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Re: check you fuse box

Lam said:
there should be a sticker on the bottom side of the lid
There wasn't on the last 3 Teg's that I've owned... All Gen 3's, 1 LS and 2 R's...

It all depends...

A.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Good luck. The only place I knew of where my code was is on the card that came with the car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
what a suprise.... I was planning to go to the dealer to get my radio code because I also had disconnected the battery. But before I went, the right side signal taillight somehow stopped working so I had to replace the bulb before I went. I opened the trunk and then the plastic cover that sits behind the rear right signal. I replace the bulb and was about to put the plastic cover back on. But what do I see? The serial # and the radio code printed on a sticker right on the plastic cover! I looked in all the places SHO'ers mentioned before (under the cover the fusebox in the engine bay, left side of glove compartment, and also on the support struts/rod for the trunk). What a coincidence because if the light wasn't burned out, I would've made a trip to the dealer 20 minutes away just to get the code. So maybe if you look around in your teg, you might be able to find that very sticker hidden somewhere. Even though it may be discreet, it is probably right in front of you. All in all, sometimes things happen for a reason :D

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Haha wow, that's a funny story! Good deal for you.

I just love Acura dealers.... charging $50, $80, even $100 to give you a radio code for your own car.... they even wanted $100 to use their diagnostic engine device on my car (a simple plug in and read operation). I told them I'd put a paper clip into the plug and find out for myself what was wrong. ;)

Believe it or not, when my stock CD player stopped working, even after I told Acura which error code it read, they said they could "externally inspect it" - I guess they can push buttons better than I can - but for anything internal they would have to send it to Acura - for $425 and a 6 week turnaround. I told them to fuck themselves and bought a nearly brand new stock deck with code for $50 shipped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sucks White98LS. When I lost my code I just called up my local dealership and they had it on file. I gave them my vin and they gave me the code over the phone. I was a little surprised it was that easy to get it in the first place, but the second time it happened they made me come in with proof of ownership before they gave me the code. Oh well, they didn't charge me anything for it. I guess i should have learned my lesson the first time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
AcuraImport said:
That sucks White98LS. When I lost my code I just called up my local dealership and they had it on file. I gave them my vin and they gave me the code over the phone. I was a little surprised it was that easy to get it in the first place, but the second time it happened they made me come in with proof of ownership before they gave me the code. Oh well, they didn't charge me anything for it. I guess i should have learned my lesson the first time.
I hope by now, you have written the code somewhere so you won't have to go back again. It would've been smart to write down the code the first time they gave it to you and kept it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Marshall Faulk said:
I need it.

not to be a dick..but this is the stupidiest fucking post i ever seen. how the fuck are we suppose to have the radio code? this is superhonda not fucking ww.hondastockradiocodesfordumbfucks.com

why dont u just spend ur time calling around to dealerships or checking in ur owners manual for the card that has the code in there? instead ur wasting ur time here asking for a fucking stupid question that has no answers.:mad

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Re: Stock radio code?

asianpride559 said:
not to be a dick..
well played...
i thought the same thing, although i was half expecting to see
"I also need to know how to get these glass shards out of my arm"
we will post the code in the same thread that we post the "how to break into and steal integras"

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
DAMMIT I missed the opportunity to supply him with my radio code.
"Punch in 16253, it always works for me."

·
Registered
28 Posts
kiddo118 said:
I hope by now, you have written the code somewhere so you won't have to go back again. It would've been smart to write down the code the first time they gave it to you and kept it somewhere safe.
Damn right i wrote that shit down. I never make the same mistake more than once. It is now resting safely in my safe :D

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
AcuraImport said:
Damn right i wrote that shit down. I never make the same mistake more than once. It is now resting safely in my safe :D
good

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
White98LS said:
Haha wow, that's a funny story! Good deal for you.

I just love Acura dealers.... charging $50, $80, even $100 to give you a radio code for your own car.... they even wanted $100 to use their diagnostic engine device on my car (a simple plug in and read operation). I told them I'd put a paper clip into the plug and find out for myself what was wrong. ;)

Believe it or not, when my stock CD player stopped working, even after I told Acura which error code it read, they said they could "externally inspect it" - I guess they can push buttons better than I can - but for anything internal they would have to send it to Acura - for $425 and a 6 week turnaround. I told them to fuck themselves and bought a nearly brand new stock deck with code for $50 shipped.
HAHAHA, sorry i work at an acura dealer, so this is very funny to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts