Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen 3 at the drag strip one stock that ran low 15's all night. 2 more last saturday that both had cold air intakes and after market exhaust and ran high 14's . I remember being told that they are low 14's stock was I lied ?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
you sure were, i just read a car and driver magazine featuring a (stock) s2000 and those people extracted a 14.9 seconds in a quarter mile.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
they run low 14's...seen many running 14.1, 14.2, never seen one break 13's

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the trick to running good times in those cars is rev the shit out of it..then drop the clutch..its bad on the LSD and tranny..but oh wells, gives you more of an incentive to get a better LSD on it, and tranny...well...Honda will usually replace it for you the first time for free anyways..hehe, but yea...if you drop the clutch at say 3k...it has very low torque and it takes it a while till it gets going..hence the crappy times you saw them running....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I raced one at the track and he reved it pretty high because I could hear his engine from inside my car and he couldn't of ran any thing close to a low 14 because his r/t was a .7 something and mine was a 1.1(working on the 60' so didn't care about r/t) and still beat him by about 4 car lengths I ran a 14.2 on that run

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
i know it was stock because they said the car they tested was stock. and just as artcblursx pointed out, they had to rev the shit out of it to reach 14.4. who knows, maybe it could be a bit lower, but i highly doubt it will break 13s unless modded

·
Registered
113 Posts
the s2k is a difficult car to drive, in hopes of getting a low 14 second et. however, they are capable of running anywhere from 13.8 to 14-1, depending upon the skill of the driver. just like any other car...you don't expect a regular old joe to be pulling mid to high 15 second times in an si or gs-r, its all on drivers skill...and thats the only variable...

besides, its not like the 1/4 is where its true light emerges :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My mechanic, who worked for Honda for 20 years, and now owns his own place got a 13.9 in his with I/h/e. He said he has to launch at like 8,000 rpms to get a decent time. which most people dont because they are scared to dump the clucth at that high of an rpm. He used to race lotus's and said if honda ever came out with a real sports car he would buy it. So when they came out with the s2000 he bought it, ulthough now he is selling it becuase he is into old hotrods more and hardly ever drove the s2000. I offered him 15,000 and he laughed in my face. It was worth a shot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The fastest an S2000 has been witnessed to run stock was 13.66. Everything intact, no weigh reduction or anything. The person who ran the 13.6 doesn't own an S2000 if that makes anything different. The S2000 is a high 13 second car stock when driven properly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i heard different...i heard that they run 13's but due to its 9k rpm most drivers will not hit a 13....i also here that most peeps onlee hit 15 stock...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the S2k is a low 14+ second car, end of story..yes, you'll get a UNDER-RATED S2k that WILL run high 13's though and you'll get OVER-Rated ones that dyno at 185hp that will pull very high 14's, low to mid 15s

·
Registered
213 Posts
ArtcbluRsx said:
the S2k is a low 14+ second car, end of story..yes, you'll get a UNDER-RATED S2k that WILL run high 13's though and you'll get OVER-Rated ones that dyno at 185hp that will pull very high 14's, low to mid 15s
Get off the crack pipe and out of the stage of denial. The S2000 is a high 13 second car. End of story. Hopefully you didn't buy your RSX thinking that it has similar performance to an S2000 and that the cheap price of the RSX will save you enough money to buy mods to smoke an S2000 :rolleyes: Why do I get the feeling that this is true? :confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
dualstage said:
Get off the crack pipe and out of the stage of denial. The S2000 is a high 13 second car. End of story. Hopefully you didn't buy your RSX thinking that it has similar performance to an S2000 and that the cheap price of the RSX will save you enough money to buy mods to smoke an S2000 :rolleyes: Why do I get the feeling that this is true? :confused:

I'm with dualstage on this one.
with a good enough driver its a high 13 sec. car.
there has been one that ran a 13.9 completely stock so far where i live.:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
1/4 mile

My thoughts are this. I am the one that posted on here about selling my 11.5 sec supra for an s2000, which i am still going to do. I have a car that is a quarter mile car and it is worth talking about times and such, but an S2000 is not a quarter mile car. It is designed for the circuit not the 1320'. IMO if you buy one for dragging you wasted your money. I am making the switch cause i want to do autocrossing not dragging anymore. So, if you want to whoop ass dragging buy a supra, they are king. Thank you and good night.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wake up. Motor Trend's latest test of an S2000 yeilded a 13.8 1/4 time.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hopefully you didn't buy your RSX thinking that it has similar performance to an S2000 and that the cheap price of the RSX will save you enough money to buy mods to smoke an S2000 Why do I get the feeling that this is true?
Actually I was supposed to get a Suzuka Blue S2k (from Metro Honda) but I ended up getting my rsx-s cuz my mom didnt enjoy the idea of me having a convertible...but anyways i didnt say it was impossible for a S2k to hit high 13's...but the average for a S2k is low to mid 14's....why dont you just stop mag racing and look into the real world where regular drivers are driving the cars....btw Road And Track got a [email protected] for their S2k...and oshp515 is right about the S2k, its made for the track, not for drag racing (hence the weak differentials stock S2k's come w/...)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts