Registered
212 Posts
i think it was a V6 :hehe :hehe

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
boost_aholic97 said:

i dont know which car youre talkin about, but neither are v6. those guys in the trans am looked like butt buddies. he kept lookin back on the races he started to win like he couldnt believe it. what ****. :noo

·
Registered
671 Posts
boost_aholic97 said:
defiantly not

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man that was one slow WS6. Something was up with that car, I'm stock and i killed a srt-4 with a catback by 3 car spaces. Maybe it was just that it was auto iono.

·
Registered
671 Posts
im sure cause it was auto. who was slim shady in the passenger of it

·
Registered
198 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
im sure cause it was auto. who was slim shady in the passenger of it
yeah tell me about it... I'm gonna agree. I think the f-body was an auto. if you notice from a really slow roll it was pretty fast, but it couldn't downshift into a high enough gear from a roll. from a dig it would have been a whole nother story.

-Chad-

·
Registered
198 Posts
aitkenstyle said:
Quite a few actually. Are you one of those people who think all manual cars are faster then atuo cars? :bh
I agree auto's are faster from a dead stop, but not necessarly(sp) from a roll. certain speeds an auto won't downshift and it could cause the car to not be in the right rpm for the speed it's going. basically it's bogged down for a split second. unless you have a 5+speed auto. I remember my truck rarely had a speed that it would downshift to the right gear or rpm for the truck to haul ass..

-Chad-

·
Registered
240 Posts
yeah i know what your sayin and thanks for not bustin my balls like other people would your right and that might be why he got beat the time it did casue it was at a weird rpm. I have a friend with a ws6 and its a 6 speed and hes got a few things done and from a stop he gets beat by autos all the time but from a roll he kills them.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
They tell you in the vid that its an auto. Autos shift faster thats all.. with alot of power it dosnt really matter.. but auto's eat power.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
oh yea, well my girlfriend's sister's aunt's wife's uncle gots a supra that does 7s all day long and its a manual.... :D

with the speeds they were going, i don't think auto vs. manual has a huge difference in this part. yes, on the highway downshifting is important but its not as if the WS6 is soo freaking fast that the driver can't shift fast enough. an auto ws6 is powerful enough as it is. but yea, a manual ws6 would be a little quicker.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz guys i was being a smartass (im saying that SRT-4s are slow, so if one was beat by a V6 its even funnier! :bh

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Good vid

I agree, when the trans am started pullin away he was like: "oh shit, im going fast" Smiling and shit, funny stuff

Damn those Em lookalikes!!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
SRT-4 8U said:
Whatever mods were on that WS6 really fucked it up. :idiots Those things haul ass with an auto even more so than a 6 speed. There is no way that SRT-4 should have been able to keep up stock. The WS6 almost always chirps the tires in 1-3 gears as well and I heard none of that. Maybe the guy had on traction control or something because that just didn't seem right. No way he should have pulled on the WS6.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
gooniac1 said:
Whatever mods were on that WS6 really fucked it up. :idiots Those things haul ass with an auto even more so than a 6 speed. There is no way that SRT-4 should have been able to keep up stock. The WS6 almost always chirps the tires in 1-3 gears as well and I heard none of that. Maybe the guy had on traction control or something because that just didn't seem right. No way he should have pulled on the WS6.
no, 6 speeds are definitely faster than the autos. the ws6 is not chirping b/c it is AUTO.

·
Registered
198 Posts
gooniac1 said:
as much as i would like to agree with you, because I like the F-body cars my self your assumtions are pretty wrong. the WS6 depending on the year. only have like 310hp and 330ft-lbs tq. they weigh in around 3500-3600lbs. the srt-4 on the other hand make 240hp and 250ft-lbs tq(underated like everyone knows. they make almost as much to the ground as they claim at the crank. I would say there crank number is more like 260-270hp.) and they weigh in at 2970lbs. there's quite a difference in weight. and only 40-50hp difference. I can easily see a stock srt4 hanging with or beating a stock ws6. now in this video the ws6 was lightly modded. so in certian speeds it would pull away. I think if it was a manual trans. it would have done a little better, but that would have been driver dependent then... just my .02 cents.

-Chad-

1 - 20 of 48 Posts