Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to NIU next semester and DeKalb looks like a speed bump farm... they're EVERYWHERE!!!!

Speed tables too... never seen those before...

Anywho, I was going to get Tein Basic Coilovers. I will be going there for 2 years and now I'm thinking I should just get the OEM replacement or maybe just some slightly higher performance aftermarket struts. I figure that going over these big ass bumps all day long is going to kill my suspension so I don't want to dump the money on coilovers. Rather wait til I'm out of school and get some Type Flex Coilovers instead when I have more money.

SO! Suggestions? What type of shock/strut should I go with?

~Peace

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Speed bumps aren't gonna fuck up the suspension unless you're bombing then. Depending on how low you are you might scrape, but other than that you won't do any damage as long as you move slow.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then let's get everyone's opinion...

Should I wait until I'm done at NIU and just get the Tein Type Flex, or should I get the Tein Basic Coilovers now.

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what the... said:
Speed bumps aren't gonna fuck up the suspension unless you're bombing then. Depending on how low you are you might scrape, but other than that you won't do any damage as long as you move slow.
Another problem is going to be scraping... these things are MONSTERS... some are pretty tall... I'd have to crawl over them, and they're EVERYWHERE!

~Peace

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i put up with speed bumps every day at school, i take um pretty slow and try to go over them on an angel to avoid scraping.
i say go with the drop and just be careful.
btw good luck at NIU i got a couple friends that go there.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I case you havent noticed speedbumps are everywhere! get any suspension you want even if you were sitting stock you would still craw over them so what the diffrence. as for lowering your car thats what happens, you scrap and you will most likely scrap on places you are not expecting then place you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts