Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a pill or a remedy for being up tight or nervous or stressed out or worried or in love?

for any of you who have been in love, the way girls tense up your shoulders and make you really finiky and not yourself.
for most people this goes away after a month or so of dating, well ive been dating this girl for probabaly over 8 months and i live a little ways away, and when i get breaks from school i go and see her and it hasen't been going good lately.
i was fine when i saw her all the time, but now when i travel to see her i am overwhelmed and i can't eat and i get violently ill, like ive been food poisoned.

i get this feeling where my stomach feels like its in my throat like after a really huge meal even when i havent eaten in over 8 hours, and every bite i take makes me want to vomit, and i try to hold it in and i start sweating and feel really horrible. usually i end up puking it up anyway and eating when i get home after i drop her off for the day.

i can't really explain why it happens and i hate when it happens because she thinks im a very sick person, but i only get this way when im near her, which sounds like she is the problem, but its not like that, my body is the problem.
i am usually a very calm and layed back person, but my emotions have proven to be very powerful and have a great effect on my body.

the only thing i can compare it to is when you eat lots of snacks for a long time and then eat a home cooked meal and your body isn't used to it and rejects the food.

please treat this seriously, i know it sounds really dumb that i get too nervous to eat when im around this girl, but its no joke.

cliff notes:
-i cannot relax my body when i'm around my girl and because of it i get sick and cannot eat any food.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WAY OFF BASE BUT....

no pill will help you in the long run g

something is making you nervous and you need to figure out what that is and then you will be able to relax.

This is a long distance thing right...

maybe you think on some level that she isn't being completely faithful (not saying that's the case just saying if you think it it could be messing with you) or maybe you think on some level that the long distance thing isn't working.

Whatever the case is you need to figur out what it is that's bothering you and deal with it before you will not be sick when you go to see her.

cliffs notes: when you go see her on some level you think something bad is going to happen and once you figure out why you feel that way you will be able to see her without getting sick.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
CRX 2 NV said:
i can't really explain why it happens and i hate when it happens because she thinks im a very sick person, but i only get this way when im near her, which sounds like she is the problem, but its not like that, my body is the problem.
If you only get this way when you're around her, then yes, she IS the problem. Doesn't mean she's done anything wrong, but she is the sole cause of the symptoms, since it only happens when you're around her.

Sounds to me like severe anxiety attacks. Maybe due to the fact you guys don't see each other as often, so you may feel a lot more nervous and disconnected when you meet. I had the same thing happen when I had my first piece of sex. It's not that I wasn't excited as hell or anything, but just the nervousness made me vomit uncontrollably while we were making out. I kept having to go to the bathroom and wash out my mout, because she didn't know what was going on. I'm still surprised she didn't taste it in my kisses??

Anywho, if your anxiety attacks are that bad, you should probably see a doctor and see if they can give you some depressants.

Then again, I'm pretty much against any prescribed medicines if you can avoid them at all costs, since the possibility of addiction and adverse effects are there.

If you just get this sickly when you're around her, then possibly there may also be some other underlying issues you haven't confronted?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think you guys are really close to the problem and are right on target

i know she is faithful, she is the most honest and faithful person in the world, people have cheated on her before so she has very strong feelings about that kinda thing.
i totally trust her and dont have a doubt in my mind and i know she loves me.

i wish i knew what it was that i need to confront, but i don't and i don't know how i would go about finding out.
the long distance thing is actually really ok with me and i have no problem with it. ive told her many times that i wont give up on her and i have no reason to not be happy, things are going great as far as i am concerned.

i think part of the reason i get really up tight is because i am usually only down for 2 days or so and i have to see so many people and i really get upset when plans don't work out or if i leave someone out. and i don't like telling her i can;t go out cause im going out with the boys or seeing some old friends when we only have 2 days together it gets really stressful, and it always works out perfect in the end but i really get worked up about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.