Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
For some reason when i go wide open in all my gears at about 2k, 3k and 4.5k im getting a wierd hsitation. Like, my car will begin to accelerate and then "knock" at those low RPM's. But once its past 4.5k (in vtec) its fine. And when im just crusing its fine. I can hear a wierd popping sound come from my exhaust and my A/F guage goes from rich to stoich for about a 1/2 a second. Is there a problem with someting in my block??? Cause thats what im thinking.
Thanks guys- any help will be appreciated
Ken

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hmm...sounds like u need to tune your care a bit. Try adjusting your timing belt if u can. You could also maybe get your fuel injectors cleaned...at a professional shop. I think the fuel injector cleaners at the auto stores sucks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 50k miles on my motor

I am thinking it has to do with the bttom end as well.. Maybe a blown head gasket? would that cause these bumps and gitters in my acceration?? Or i was thinking i could have thrown a piston ring? Or i guess it could be fuel but i would tink i would get the hesitation all the time especially in vtec, when the fuel really is released.. A bent valve- what could cause that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
A bent valve will ussually be caused by over-revving a motor, the valve will be opened too far, and float, thus putting it in a situation where it can be bent. Like I said, I could be wrong, it could also be a bottom end problem. My car is in the shop right now getting put back together after a thrown rod. If its a bottom end problem you are probably going to hear a pretty distinct metal on metal taping sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts