Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Accord LX 5-speed 310K

When I try to start the car, everything shuts off when the starter should engage. No lights, radio, etc after this click. Everything is shut off. I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Is my ECU bad? Could it be distributor problems? I have been troubleshooting for a week and would like to have a car again...

Starter and battery both tested last week at parts store-both in great shape. I cleaned and sanded all grounds. I checked all my fuses and relays and they look great. I checked my clutch safety switch and the little plastic stopper and it looks good. My alternator is good. I put in a new starter switch, so it is good.

Should I replace the relays anyway and see what happens? Is my distributor acting up again? Would that act like this (last time it didn't, but...)? Is it finally time to give this old girl up??

Things I have replaced in order of most recent:

Yesterday: Ignition Switch

Last month: Clutch

6 +/- months ago:
Battery Cables
All engine seals
Water pump
timing Belt

1 year ago:
Distributor Cap
Starter
Radiator
Alternator
Battery

Any ideas? My next option is to push start it (haven't tried yet and don't think it will do anything except get me to push my car back home) and run it off a cliff...:bash

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...

I replaced the main relay. I tried a new clutch safety switch. None of it fixed the problem. I guess I move on to the ECU? No one knows anything about this? I guess the good news is that I am getting in lots of repair experience, and I have eliminated a ton of possible problems... I wish someone else would share their experience. I am sure that in a car this old someone out there has had this problem before, right? LOL. Everyone I have talked to is stumped, so internet don't let me down!!

Rachel:bomb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts