Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this game up for the SNES and i was playing it today, OH MY GOD i forgot how awesome this game was. Granted i beat it in 10 minutes but it is so much fun. it takes me back to a time when graphics and content didn't matter just how fun a game is. i love games now a days but i wish they were more like SF2 this in my mind is one of the greatest games of all time. any opinions?

· Registered
1,425 Posts
Yes you did pick up Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 2 Turbo for me didn't you AccordPunk96. This game is sweet, it really brings me back to the days when my older bro and i would sit around for hours beating the crap out of each other with such classic caracters as Ryu, and Ken. Good times, good times. Well that's my take on this whole thing.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadouken: QCT + P
Shoryuken: F D D F + P

learn these combos RexFanatic you will need them to beat me next time i promise!

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Yeah, Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting was the best port for the SNES. Super Street Fighter 2 was ok, but they fucked up the sound effects and the announcer sounded like a ***.

I suggest picking up a copy of Street Fighter Collection 2 for the Playstation. IF you can find it of course. This is THE DEFINITVE collection to have if you like Street Fighter. Perfect ports of Street Fighter 2 World Warrior, Street Fighter 2' Champion Edition, and Street Fighter 2' Turbo Hyper Fighting! It has a concept art gallery for all the fighters, training mode, remixed soundtrack and sound effects option, and a special Versus mode that lets you play different versions of the fighters....like Champion Edition Ryu vs World Warrior Guile. All frames are perfect, and not a bit of animation is missing. Its the next best thing to having a cabinet in your house!

· Registered
5,502 Posts
importzboi said:
I challenge any and all against me in ANY Street Fighter game... any!
I'll take that challenge. $300 cash says I can whip your ass in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. And I dont mean just beat you. I mean TOTALLY humiliate you to the point that you wouldn't be able to sleep at night :D

Go to the next Street Fighter National Evolution Tournament next year in LA.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jessecrx said:
I'll take that challenge. $300 cash says I can whip your ass in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. And I dont mean just beat you. I mean TOTALLY humiliate you to the point that you wouldn't be able to sleep at night :D

you really that good? that is kind of impressive.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Rated number one on my Southwest Division, and ranked top 10 in the nation :D

I compete every year. players from all over the world come to test their skills in games like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Capcom Vs SNK2, Marvel Vs Capcom2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.

Its an aweseme experience....we just dont play games all day, we hit the town and get FUCKED up! :D

· Registered
4,112 Posts
jessecrx said:
Rated number one on my Southwest Division, and ranked top 10 in the nation :D

I compete every year. players from all over the world come to test their skills in games like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Capcom Vs SNK2, Marvel Vs Capcom2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.

Its an aweseme experience....we just dont play games all day, we hit the town and get FUCKED up! :D
Who is YOUR character? Who do you use the most? You any good at Tekken?

· Registered
5,502 Posts
RexFanatic said:
if you're as good as you say you are that is ill. i would love to see you in action. i haven't seen to many really good people play this game (other than myself of course).
Yep. I back up what I say 100%

I am not saying I am the best ever at this game because there are other players who are just as good out there who go to these tourneys and I always place top 5. This last tournament in LA I placed 7th. This was the first international tournament, and out of 200 plus competitors, I tied for 7th with Mike Watson(Great Street Fighter player out of LA). When I play, I play all out...no holding back....so if "Cheap tactics" arent your cup of tea then you definitely don't stand a chance :D

Here are the current National Standing For Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo .....the only reason I am ranked number one right now is that Houston has been holding more tournaments lately. There is another big tournament that is coming up on the 19th and one of my biggest rivals(And long time friend) is coming down. John Choi....he is the sickest Old Sagat player I have ever seen in SSF2 Turbo!

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Goth-Rice said:
Zangief is the man. Damn wussy fireballs.
Zangief is a VERY good fighter that gets no respect from your average player. Infact, there is a guy in Japan who goes by the name "Pony Zangief" who has won several big tournaments in Japan with "Gief".....I have the latest Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Tournament DVD from Japan and those guys are on another level! You have to play very aggressive and use tick throws to win with Gief :D

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Nyceguy17 said:
Who is YOUR character? Who do you use the most? You any good at Tekken?
Tekken?? Nope, I am not very good at all. I like the game, but I just haven't gotten good at it. Jin Kazama is my favorite fighter. Him and Bryan Fury.

My best fighters in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo?? Well, I am best know for my Fei Long. Before the 1997 National Fighting Game Championships in Las Vegas, nobody had thought that the little Bruce Lee clone could be used so aggressively and effectively. Since then, SO many players have tried to carbon copy my style. I surprised everyone at that tournament when I fought all the way to the finals with Fei Long, and not changing fighters once.

My other fighters that I consider myself good with are:

Ken
Ryu
OG Ryu
Vega
Zangief

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jessecrx said:

My other fighters that I consider myself good with are:

Ken
Ryu
OG Ryu
Vega
Zangief
so basically anyone in the game? you could of just said anyone in the game. that would have been easier for us to read. thats cool though i wish i was that good.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
AccordPunk96 said:
so basically anyone in the game? you could of just said anyone in the game. that would have been easier for us to read. thats cool though i wish i was that good.
Characters I don't know how to play, or refuse to play:

E Honda
Dhalsim
Balrog
Chun Li
Blanka
T Hawk
Guile
Bison

Yeah, I can play them and know how to do their moves, but am I good with them?? Nope.

I sure do miss the old days when you could walk into any Stop n Go or 7-11 and see TONS of players lining up to play SF2....damn I miss those days

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.