Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I played SF 3 2nd Impact. When 3rd Strike was released they slowed the gameplay down....I like the game, but I don't play it hardcore like I do with the old skool SF games like SF2 Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and Street Fighter Alpha 2.

I have it for Dreamcast :)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
hyper fighting was crazy, you could do fireball in the air and pull off a cyclone kick towards top again to stay in the air lol when did 3rd strike come out? i have EX2plus, thinking about buying EX3.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
ReCK1 said:
hyper fighting was crazy, you could do fireball in the air and pull off a cyclone kick towards top again to stay in the air lol when did 3rd strike come out? i have EX2plus, thinking about buying EX3.
Hyper Fighting didnt have fireballs in midair....but it did have mid air hurricane kicks.

You are thinking of the several bootlegged versions that were released.

Rainbow Edition
Lightning Edition

All those had a crapload of BS stuff you could do....switch characters at the press of a button, fill the screen with projectiles.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
jessecrx said:
Hyper Fighting didnt have fireballs in midair....but it did have mid air hurricane kicks.

You are thinking of the several bootlegged versions that were released.

Rainbow Edition
Lightning Edition

All those had a crapload of BS stuff you could do....switch characters at the press of a button, fill the screen with projectiles.
nah man, i still have the cartridge for SNES, i bought it from a store, everything is legit, Ryu (&i think ken) could shoot fireballs towards the bottom corners from mid-air. No other tricks or whatever you'd like to call them.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
ReCK1 said:
nah man, i still have the cartridge for SNES, i bought it from a store, everything is legit, Ryu (&i think ken) could shoot fireballs towards the bottom corners from mid-air. No other tricks or whatever you'd like to call them.
Nope...it's a bootleg. Wanna bet money on it? :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
SF

I have SF3 and SFA 3 for DC.

I play neither.

I prefer old school SF games.
I want Hyper Fighter for PS2... brings me back to 90's :) awwww:lol2:

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
jessecrx said:
Nope...it's a bootleg. Wanna bet money on it? :)
lol dude, i know you know alot about games but trust me, its the real thing, at the best you can say it might have glitch but other than that its not a bootleg version, but if you wanna continue to believe i have a bootleg version in order to boost your ego then go right ahead cuz i don't feel like arguing over a old SNES game :)

Maybe you should try it on your Super Nintendo.;)

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
lol dude, i know you know alot about games but trust me, its the real thing, at the best you can say it might have glitch but other than that its not a bootleg version, but if you wanna continue to believe i have a bootleg version in order to boost your ego then go right ahead cuz i don't feel like arguing over a old SNES game
Man, this has nothing to do with boosting anyone's ego. I am simply saying you are mistaken.

I own every single version of Street Fighter for every single system it's been made for.

And as far as being "glitched" is concerned....if you can do a move over and over and it doesnt hinder, freeze, break or alter the original game engine in any way then it's hacked programming.

Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting was made by Capcom to counter what so many hackers were doing to SF2 Champion Editon.

So instead of releasing 2 seperate games(SF2 CE, and SF2 HF) they included both games in one package(SF2 Turbo HF for the SNES). I have both the Japanese and US versions of the games for SNES and Genesis.

The only characters to be able to throw mid air projectiles are Akuma(who didn't make his appearance until Super Street Fighter 2 X Grand Master Challenge), Rolento(Originally in Final Fight and added as a fighter in SF Alpha 2), Ibuki(Street Fighter 3 New Generation. None of these fighters were in any SNES version of SF2.

Maybe you do own a cart that "looks" legit as far as SNES carts go but the rom content in that cart is straight up bootleg IF any of the fighters on there can throw mid air projectiles.

Back to the topic...

Did you guys know that the Japanese version of SF3 3rd Strike had a network option that allowed u to play online against other players? Japan even got special versions of Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers that combined ALL versions of the game into one lineup. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo was also released as a Japan only exclusive with online options! Now Hyper Street Fighter 2 X is coming to PS2 and it combines ALL versions of SF characters into one cast. Each fighter will be a faithful copy of the version they represent. For instance, you can play SF2 Champion Edition Ryu VS Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Guile....whats even crazier is that Capcom is including "retro" versions of the new challengers into the game. So you can play Hyper Fighting Cammy VS World Warrior DeeJay.....or play World Warrior Sagat VS World Warrior Balrog(which were not playable fighters in the original SF2). What makes this so cool is that these changes will totally change the way the game is played since each version of every character will have strenght and weaknesses based on which one you choose.

If you were ever into Street Fighter, this is the definitive version to buy. Check out www.ncsx.com if you are interested in pre-ordering the Japanese version.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
jessecrx said:
Man, this has nothing to do with boosting anyone's ego. I am simply saying you are mistaken.

I own every single version of Street Fighter for every single system it's been made for.
Its not that i think you're full of shit or don't know what you're talking about but more importantly its the fact that i bought it from a store in orignal package etc so i don't know how i could have a hacked version? like i said i know Ryu could do fireballs very similar to the way Akuma does in the Alpha3? i think, not sure about Ken but Ryu could stay in the air for few seconds as long as you can punch the buttons in correct pattern, but oh well if its bootleg its bootleg lol it was very good to me mid90s and beyond.

Btw, what is the new SF game you're talking about? another version of SF3rd Strike or strictly Japenese? and on what system?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
If it is a bootleg, and came packaged like a new game I would hang onto it if I were you. Something like that can go for a nice penny later on.

The new Hyper SF2 X is coming out for the PS2 this Christmas in Japan and is expected to hit US shores sometime in late winter.

As for SF3....nothing is planned on that. The latest rumors say that Sammy(creators of Guilty Gear XX) and SNK are still in the building stages of some new games.

Also, King of Fighters 2000 and 2001 bundle came out today. If you like 2D, this is a great title to pick up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts