Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a stroker kit for a 89 1.6 DOHC that can get me close to 200 horsepower!!! I will spend up to $1,000 for a kit that is good please help me out thank you shannon mahlberg

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
200 crank or 200 wheel horsepower?
200whp on a newer 1.8L DOHC VTEC Integra GS-R motor can easily climb to $3-4000 if you want that power all motor.

1.6L Honda engines on even the biggest of turbos need around 6 or 7psi of boost to hit 200whp. I doubt you can make a 1989 1.6L hit 200hp on a build that will keep the car streetable (HUUGGGGE CAM, Full head build, Crazy high compression...like 13:1), and then who knows if that block would stay together.

If you want quick power out of that thing...like was suggested in your last thread...it's Nitrous. Do the appropriate Nitrous happy mods like retarding the timing, and going with colder plugs...and maybe you'll hit 200bhp on a 100 shot.

Otherwise, intake, exhaust, header, big cam, stroking, head mill, taller pistons...MIGHT get you like 40whp if you're lucky....and with everything you'd need to get that, you're looking at $2-3k easy when you factor in tuning.

So...in summary: Either spray that thing until it blows up, or save your money and put it towards an engine swap of your choice...or just get a different car with a better starting point of a motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then what motors would bolt up to the 5 speed tranny that is with the 1.6 DOHC i race a integra on circle track dirt i need it to be stock appearing so i need it all to be internal or another motor with more HP so let me know what you can help me with!! thanks

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
What motors will bolt up to the same tranny as the 1.6 DOHC bolts up to?? Its a 5 speed tranny
D series or the ZC motors will fit this transmission if I am not mistaken.

If you want a B series engine (I.E. 2nd 3rd gen integra engines) your going to need a different transmission, axles, mounts, ecu, ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts