Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
yes, they all contribute to all around better handling, but they each do their own part. Start with lowering it, then get sway bars (rear, then front), start with rear bar, then front bar, you can get front lower and rear lower bars if you want but they don't do too much in the equation. Sway bars and lowering will be most beneficial in cornering, strut/tower bars will give you a better feel/responsiveness by addding rigidity to the frame.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Anytime you upgrade your suspension it is worth it in my opinion.

· Registered
750 Posts
suspension techniques makes a good one, also i believe eibach makes a set for a majority of cars.

· Registered
323 Posts
Suspension Techniques, Neuspeed, companies like that...
I would stay away from the anti-roll bar (swaybar) sets though, especially from Eibach (they're designed to stiffen the car, but keep the stock balance which means you will not reduce understeer at all). I would just get a rear anti-roll bar for the moment.

As for if they are worth it if you are going to get coilovers...definitely. Like was said earlier, all the parts have different jobs, and though some are complimentary, upgrading them will help out the handling in some way or another that no other part can do...

· Registered
12,727 Posts
People say the swaybar is the most noticable suspension mod after springs/coilovers....I would get the rear swaybar only...and do that first after the suspension gets swapped out.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
I would get both front and rear sway bars, but not matched sets, as Bampf said. Personally, my car doesnt have problems with subframe weakness, so im going to be running a moderate bar up front, 19mm, and a big healthy bar in the back, 25.4mm. Those sway bar diameters are NOT for hondas, so dont go asking where you can get them for your civic.:)

· Registered
323 Posts
I do not recommend getting both front and rear anti-roll bars right off the bat. It's better to just get the rear bar first and see what it does to your handling. If you're happy the way it ends up, then don't change anything...if not, then get a new front bar. I say this only because if you get both at the same time you might end up with a lot of oversteer, which can be dangerous if you don't know how to deal with it.

· Registered
84 Posts
Most companies sell the bars as a set. The progress group however sells them separetly. I have coilovers and nuspeed front and rear strut bars. I couldn't belive how much the rear bar helped. I'm running shity stock tires but my frame doesn't feel like it flexes at all. The rear end rotates nicely in sharp corners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.