Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do you guys think of this set? Adjustable Strut Bars + Tie Bars 4 Pieces Combo It's around $40.00 on Ebay. Will this do fine? I heard it's kind of like intakes, aslong as you have a decent filter it does the same thing. What do you think?

Also, it says " Fits Sedan, Coupe and Hatchback Models with different engine Spec"
" 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 Honda Civic ALL Models"

I don't see how that is possible. I'm wanting to put this on a DX with a SRI installed. Will the front strut bar still fit even with the SRI sence it's a little different than the other engines?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
are these going to be just for show, or do you drive your car aggressively enough to warrant needing chassis stiffening bars?

if the latter is the case, keep on looking...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont take the car to auto-X or anything. It's a daily driver. I'm just wanting it to be a little stiffer, ridgid, more fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
honestly, i don't know if you'll feel a difference with these...
if they were solid, one-piece units maybe, but glancing at one of the bars, it looks like they may not be as sturdy.

but at $40 why not? go for it and let us know if they worked!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
looks like crap to me. If it isn't made of 6061 or 7071, its not worth anything. The material the bar is made of makes all of the difference. Same way if you use a cheap spoon, it will bend when you try to scoop ice cream. Get a good spoon and it won't... Contrary to popular belief, they are not all the same...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kommon_sense said:
looks like crap to me. If it isn't made of 6061 or 7071, its not worth anything. The material the bar is made of makes all of the difference. Same way if you use a cheap spoon, it will bend when you try to scoop ice cream. Get a good spoon and it won't... Contrary to popular belief, they are not all the same...
oh ok. That makes sence. Could anyone lead me to where I could find just front and rear strut bars for a fairly low price? Also, how much of a difference, if any will I notice with just front and rears on?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
there are three things to tuning: power price and reliability....you're only allowed to have two.

meaning if you want something that actually adds stiffness and isn't a piece of crap that will break, be ready to spend a bit on it.

look into benen industries.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98civcEK said:
if you want it to be more fun to drive then get sway bars not strut bars
Alrighty.

Do the same rules apply? (as far as the type of metal goes)

Also. What is the diff. between sway bar and tie bar?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Jo060 said:
Alrighty.

Do the same rules apply? (as far as the type of metal goes)

Also. What is the diff. between sway bar and tie bar?
swaybars kind of a lateral spring whereas tie bars are just braces.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Jo060 said:
oh ok. That makes sence. Could anyone lead me to where I could find just front and rear strut bars for a fairly low price? Also, how much of a difference, if any will I notice with just front and rears on?
Sometimes you can find used Neuspeed bars on eBay. I got my front one for $25 shipped.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
the skunk2 front strut tower brace is about the best bang for the buck that I have found. I think mine was < $120. You can also find people selling the OEM bars from the 99-00 civic si and 94-01 integra for cheap just about any day of the week, and they are direct bolt-ons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.