Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have wanted to get strut bars for my accord but iw as told they dont really do anything at all. i was told to geta sway bar, that will actually do somthing? IDK please help me

and is it possible to fit all 4 strut bars on my 94 accord? is there a strut bar for the upper back?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
sway bars make a bigger difference in body roll, but strut bars help increase chassis rigidity. they help make the car more responsive whereas the sway bars help the car corner flatter. both are required if you want a car that's easy to control thru the corners :tu basically, if you get those strut bars, it will affect over/understeer slightly by tightening up whatever end you put them on, but what you will notice the most is the decrease in mushiness :nod

·
Registered
64 Posts
Make sure you get a solid bar, usually one that connects at 4 points for the front upper. Plastic connecters and cheap metals are popular, and I will say, that those don't do jack shit.

But Ultra says the rest. Strut bars WILL increase rigidity and steering response, but not necesarilly handling qualities.

And be careful in the world of sway bars, you need to assess how your car handles now and how you want it to handle before you start messing with that stuff.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I have a Neuspeed strut bar on my Integra and it made a pretty big difference. It is a 4 point one, and very rigid. I recomend them if your really looking for bars.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
four point uppers are nice :)

also, you want to look into getting solid bars....none of that stuff that has pins.

if you're really concerned about the handling changing too dramatically with the sway bars, you might want to think about getting adjustable sway bars :nod

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
depends what ur using the car for... in everyday driving you wont notice... but if you are doing a lot of autox or track racing, lots of high-g-force turns, its worth it. i put these and other braces on my car and it really helped since its a convertable, with the body flex. since yours isnt a convertable the change wont be as dramatic, but could still easily be worth it if you are doing the type of driving that sees lots of body roll

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
KonigRR said:
so since i just everyday drive. dont waste my money on them?
it's really your personal preference.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
:ahh:cone:ahh:cone:ahh:cone

^that's what it basically looks like.....but you do it in a car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
:ahh:cone:ahh:cone:ahh:cone

^that's what it basically looks like.....but you do it in a car.

HAHAHAHA! you are so right!

Once you try autox you will be hooked....its awsome!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
autocrossing is a low speed (usually never higher than 3rd gear) type of motorsport where you race against the clock around cones :nod

·
Registered
40 Posts
of course i did already, that's why i came across the solo2.com website. i was just asking Ultra if he knows other auto-x events here in socal. peace!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok so what would you guys recommend in the way of sway bars? Brands, diameters, etc etc.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts