Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Friday coming home from work I was on the freeway doin about 70 and "SNAP" lost control. I knew right away what had happened. My strut snapped and the tire was jammed into my wheelwell as well as the control arm assembly. It actually shredded a few strips off of my tire. I had it towed to get fixed. My concern is this: I have Tanabe DF210s on my SH with stock struts. The car rides like ass. If I put a set of new struts on, like KYB or Tokico will the struts work with my springs? Since the springs for the SH are a different diameter than on base models I am worried I will have to get all new springs.. Here is a link to see the spring info on the SH models from Tanabe.
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/spring_applications.asp?id=1

So, will I have to buy new springs to match the new shocks or can I use my Tanabe springs on KYBs or Tokicos that are meant for the SH?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i've heard nothing but GOOD things about KYB AGX's on 'ludes, and i CAN tell you from personal experience that they are indeed very good struts that alotta ppl recommend!

i couldn't tell ya whether or not you can use 'em for your SH tho sry :eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can vouch for Tokico, considering that I have them (Blues, not Illumina's). They are very good shocks for the price and I would highly reccomend them if you're on a budget.. but I am just unsure if they make them for the SH model. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
just about all the manufacturers say not for SH on their struts. the fact is, if the car is lowered, you can use base struts just fine. I'm currently lowered 1.5 on H&R sports, with KYB AGX. Have been for about 2.5 years now. just keep an eye on your CV boots. They tend to wear faster on lowered SH ludes than lowered base ones. Although mine are still intact. They're showing some pretty heavy wear though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.