Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of lowering my civic and I'm also installing an Ingalls camber kit. I have to remove the upper control arms in the rear and replace them with these camber adjusting ones, but those bolts are in there like you wouldn't believe. I'm also having a hell of a time with the spindle/strut bolt on the other side. Any recommendations for getting them loose?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
You might want to use a product called Liquid Wrench, it looses stuck bolts. Leave the product on for a little while then use a pair of vice grips, that should break it free.

GOod luck

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Rayman said:
Try extending your wrench...adds a lot more torque.
yes a longer lever arm means more force:)

so put a pipe on the end of your wrench and see what the bolt has now:)

also put some wd40 or rust cutter...something to loosen em up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
get some knock'r'loose and an impact wrench or a breaker bar....don't use a ratchet or a cheap socket, it will break...use a 6 point socket and not a 12 point socket...all these will help you get it loose...make sure you turn it the right way...the bolts that attach to the chassis won't break unless you turn them the wrong way...the other one may break, in that case you'll have to cut it off and get a new bolt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Extending your wrench with a pipe and then banging the end with a hammer will probably get the bolt loose.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
All u have to do is heat up the bolt and then cool it with water.........do this about 2 or 3 times and the bolt will come out.
I ran into the same problem while lowering my ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts