Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. My front left rotor seems to be stuck. The pad on this side wears MUCH faster than any other of the pads. Also, its causing my brakes to vibrate really bad when im going 60+ and I try to stop with any kind of quickness. I plan on swaping the front left caliper. But I've heard something about the rear right caliper could cause the front left caliper to stick since its a diagonal system, but this doesnt seem right to me. Any suggestions or info?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Vibration is an indication that your rotors are warped, I would start by replacing those and the pads.....When's the last time that you changed your pads/rotors? Did you change the Rotors the same time that you installed the new pads?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If you can trake the caliper off and get the piston out, you can get a rebuild kit for like $15 and not have to buy a whole new unit. I've done it a couple of times with other cars and they work perfectly.
As for the rear causing the problem, see it it screws in easily. If it does then you know that can not be the problem.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr GSR said:
If you can trake the caliper off and get the piston out, you can get a rebuild kit for like $15 and not have to buy a whole new unit. I've done it a couple of times with other cars and they work perfectly.
As for the rear causing the problem, see it it screws in easily. If it does then you know that can not be the problem.
I have all new rotors, all new pads. The rears did screw in easily. What tools are needed rebuild it. That sounds like a good idea since car quest wants like $75 after the core refund and advance doesnt have one in stock. Where do I get the kit?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
I have all new rotors, all new pads. The rears did screw in easily. What tools are needed rebuild it. That sounds like a good idea since car quest wants like $75 after the core refund and advance doesnt have one in stock. Where do I get the kit?
I got mine at NAPA. It was really easy to do. I just pulled out the piston, cleaned everything up all nice, then put it back together. I think all I used was a big pair of plyers and an air sprayer to seal the rubber back on the piston.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.