Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a friend’s car! It's making a really bad ticking noise! Sound like misfiring! So we decided to change the spark plugs!

We did 1,3 and 4, but we can not take out #2! It's stuck and wont move!

Is there an easy way of pulling it out! Or drill it out and replace plugs!

I think the spark plug broke in side! Or flopped a piston and bent valves!

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA…

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Type_SH RaCer said:
I'm working on a friend’s car! It's making a really bad ticking noise! Sound like misfiring! So we decided to change the spark plugs!

We did 1,3 and 4, but we can not take out #2! It's stuck and wont move!

Is there an easy way of pulling it out! Or drill it out and replace plugs!

I think the spark plug broke in side! Or flopped a piston and bent valves!

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA…

try a bigger wrench...

and less exclamation marks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Is there something blocking the way? Your not giving very much info about the problem, so your not getting answers that will help. Is the boot of the wires still on the plug? Give us a little more to work with and you may get better responses.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
So the rubber boot that goes down in the hole wont come off? Get some channel lock pliers and pull on that sucker. When you reinstall it, put on the grease they make for plug wires so that next time it'll be easy to get off.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
spray004 said:
So the rubber boot that goes down in the hole wont come off? Get some channel lock pliers and pull on that sucker. When you reinstall it, put on the grease they make for plug wires so that next time it'll be easy to get off.

silicone grease... i really dont understand why this is such a big deal...

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
98Vtec said:
take some channels locks like said above, stand on the core support and pull the shit outta it. If anything you can always replace that plug wire.
That's what I’ll try. If I can't, then drill all the rubber out.

I just thought someone knew a trick to get it out easy.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Just get some pliers and pull on the fucker. If you can't get it, get a friend that works out to do it. Granted he'll laugh at you ( I know I would) when he pulls it off, but it'll be off.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
go work out, then come back it....you need to build up those gurly man muscles! i've never had this problem before in my life :confused

why don't you try removing the end on the distributor and then spin the boot around to help loosen it up?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.