Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this may sound stupid but....
i'm thinking of getting 4-2-1 headers i wanted to get dc sports but damn for the price $300-500 is crazy for me, this is when the obx came to mind for about uncer $200 for stainless. i've heard the saying "you get what you get for" plenty of times. what are the very detailed specs of the two besides brand name, quality, and dc is dyno proven and almost everyone proven!
anyone using or know anyone who's using obx headers..? how's the performance comparison between the two..?
i want a detailed answer of why not obx instead of dc..

i needed new headers because i can't stand the rattling/buzzing sound at 3000-3200rpms...

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Get the DC header because IT IS DYNO PROVEN and Everybody has one, even I did at one time...

Or get the OBX "whatever you want to call it" header and go dyno it and beat the DC piece...

You want an honest answer about the DC header? I had it on a 94 LS and it didn't make any staggering gains it did look nice though and felt slightly stronger, My AEM/CAI made more of an impressive feel though.

Dyno proof is usually first to gain attention and Build quality is second. DC proves itself time and again for it's market segment and the particular application which we are discussing with dyno proven gains. Build quality is good and competitive.

OBX on the other hand is second rate in comparison.

So go ahead and get it and tell us what you think. I am Not mocking you. But, please post your results after the install and some dyno numbers...

If all you can afford is an inexpensive replacement then so be it, just don't be upset if it provides nothing more than stock and possibly less as for gains and rusts and falls apart prematurely...

The choice is yours but, if you think that $300. to $400. is alot then you will run screaming in fear "IF" you had to choose a serious header for race applications IE: SMSP, Hytech, Spoon, Toda.....

Good luck,

A.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My friend has a OBX header and you could tell the gain by the seat of the pants dyno. But the build quality isn't the best or the worst for that matter. It's also not CARB exempt. But it is half the price. He doesn't seem to care as the motor makes more power. I personally won't buy parts that aren't CARB legal. And I have no use for a header since I have a turbo, but I wouldn't buy anything but a Greddy or DC if it was me. Rhyming is fun too and cheaper than modifying a car. Peace!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts