Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea....why must the stupid rocks and debris from the freeway and streets hit my front bumper and chip off the paint.:mad: Do any of u guys have the same problem??? I've seen quite a couple of cars where their bumpers (bodykit) are full of white specks where the paint chips off.

Is there anything i can do...like add more clearcoats?!?!:confused:.....so far....all i did was get a black sharpie and dot in the white specks (i didnt have that many, just a few...but very noticeable ones)......now it looks sooo much better. Oh yea, my car is Black Currant (purple) so u cant tell that i used a sharpie.

But yea...what can i do to prevent MORE chipping??!?!

·
Registered
373 Posts
to prevent rocks from hitting your car you have to simply stop driving the car

·
Registered
625 Posts
maliciousMONKI said:
yea....why must the stupid rocks and debris from the freeway and streets hit my front bumper and chip off the paint.:mad: Do any of u guys have the same problem??? I've seen quite a couple of cars where their bumpers (bodykit) are full of white specks where the paint chips off.

Is there anything i can do...like add more clearcoats?!?!:confused:.....so far....all i did was get a black sharpie and dot in the white specks (i didnt have that many, just a few...but very noticeable ones)......now it looks sooo much better. Oh yea, my car is Black Currant (purple) so u cant tell that i used a sharpie.

But yea...what can i do to prevent MORE chipping??!?!
y0..., ive had the same problem...i still do, got my 2grand paint job, then took my car for a road trip (will never do that again) up north to san francisco. if you live in ca, youd know where the 5 freeway is, well that was the freeway i was driving on. after my trip... a whole mess of rock chips on my front bumper.

Now let me guess, your front bumper is made out of fiber glass right? if it is...rock chips are unavoidable... however if you had polyurethane or urethane, you'd have less or no rock chips since paint adheres and stays on better than it would on fiberglass bumpers. you can try adding more clearcoats (what i will do when I get my front bumper re-painted). it makes sense that it should help to add more clearcoats... and instead of using sharpie, use touch up paint or nail polish (just have to carefully match the color)...

hope that was helpful enough

0ne
nightrider-gsR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: stupid rocks....WHY?!?!?!

NightRider-gsR said:
... and instead of using sharpie, use touch up paint or nail polish (just have to carefully match the color)...

yea....i hate the 5 freeway...esp. towards goin up north....there are sooo many damn little rocks cuz all the truckers (carrying rocks and ish like that) use that route. Anyway, thanks for the input.....and yea...i only used the sharpie as a temporary solution until i get real touch-up paint. The sharpie just temporarily makes the bumper look soooo much cleaner. oh yea...it is fiberglass. STUPID ROCKS!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
566 Posts
There was this article I read in one of the mags, can't remember which one, but it was called wonderbras of the future or something like that. It was this bra type thing, you know that you put on the front of your car, those black things? Anyway, it was custom made to fit kits and stuff, and made of this really thin and highly durable substance. Can be color matched, they put it on a car and I swear you couldn't tell it. The article said they even put it on the mirrors. I think he said the company was the one who made the peel-off windshields for NASCAR teams. If you've ever seen that, you can kinda get an idea of what I'm talking about. Might want to do some research and find this online somewhere. Hope this helped...

·
Registered
130 Posts
just be glad u havent died because of a rock in the middle of the road, i was in the islands of portugal (Sao Miguel, Azores) last month and my cousins husbands sister died because of a rock on the road..... the car flipped and the engine came out of the car, their was 5 people in the car, 2 people survived and that was the 2 little girls, and one of them is still seriosly injured!!

but yea im gonna hate little rocks when i get my car done, i just hope white is not as bad as dark colors to be chipped!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh...sorrie bout what happened with the big rock....

.....for white paint....the rocks are not a problem. I mean, u still may get ur paint chipped....but fortunately its barely noticeable. My brother has a silver car....and if u look REALLY REALLY close u can tell there are paint chips from the rocks.....but it's really hard to see them from a normal distance...so white should be no problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts