Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, have only owned my Sol for a couple months now.

After just one or two tanks of gas, suddenly the trip meter doesn't work right.
Fill up with gas & it will not reset at all. But after you drive about 10 miles, it resets half the numbers. Try again later & it goes to zero. Very strange.
I suppose to fix it would be a major hassle, pulling off dash, etc. Luckily, the gas gauge work okay.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced anything like this, and why it would act so strange vs. just not working at all.

Have a nice day!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Mine does this from time to time. Just press teh button to reset it a few times when stopped.

· Registered
478 Posts
I agree, mine sometimes resets to 99999. Just press the button a few more times firmly and it should cooperate.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, guys!

For whatever reason, I've found my seems to be able to reset able 10 miles or so. I think it seems related to reaching a 9 on one of the digits.

I will just keep a log book of gas bought, oil changed, etc. (like my old father taugh me to do). Although I don't suppose 10 miles will have a big impact on mpg calculation...

Really, I just wanted to say it is nice to know that you all are out there listening & responding!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is exactly what happened to me. I asked people on this site & got great help. i.e. it does that for lots of people & found out it sets again in about 10 miles with multiple retrys.

Of course, that upsets me as a perfectionist. I want to fill up the gas & see the tripmeter got to zero. It is satisfying to see it finally go back after 10 or 20 miles.

That is why I am just keeping a small book with gas fillups & oil changes, as per my dad (now departed). You know, to really know what gas mileage you get, you have to do such a thing & average the purchases over years...'

I am still wishing Honda would make such a wonderful car as the del sol or CRX, so we could buy a cheap new car & not have to fix up the effects of age!

Crystl

· Registered
10,346 Posts
You are way too friggin cheerful for this sight :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.