Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 96 accord v6 auto. earlier we were driving, and we pulled out into traffic, he had to get on it hard to merge with on coming cars. he spun his tires a little bit, and the car started hesitating. my first thought was that it was traction control or something. but he said that his car had never done that before. we got on the freeway, and he stood on it. we did it from a 30 mph roll so we knew that he wasn't spinning his tires. right at about 4k, it hesitates. but after that, it pulls hard all the way to redline. what could this be?

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Nah its just the VTAK lagging, you know just like turbo lag!

My accord is always having this tiny hiccup at 1900-2100 rpm under WOT. I've seen other people have the same problem with new ignition componets. Dunno what causes mine either. I hope yours is completely ignition related though.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Nah its just the VTAK lagging, you know just like turbo lag!

My accord is always having this tiny hiccup at 1900-2100 rpm under WOT. I've seen other people have the same problem with new ignition componets. Dunno what causes mine either. I hope yours is completely ignition related though.
read my sig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.