Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I think this is the best Honda site online and over the year I had learn so much info from you guy. However I need you guy help me with the most important decision of my life. Buying my first lude. For the past two months I have look for the 4generation lude and there are some of the 92 lude Si out there and for most of the time they cost aound 6g to 6.5g and already over mile 120 and up. It's really hard to find the 93 V-tec (not seen one for the past 2 months) and what I want is the 93 V-tec and I started to loose my patient. Also, If I find the 93 V-tec it going to have a gang of mile too, and my dream is to run at least mid 14 to mid 13 s, doesn't matter if it take me 5 years or so to do it. So what should I do......

1/ Wait for the 93 V-tec, if it over mile rebild and go from there.
2/ Fuck it, get the 92 Si and rebuild the engine for Fi, even thought I see you guy discuss that Fi going to shorten the life of the engine and it a bitch to maintain.
3/ get the 92 Si and drop in the jdm h22a and maybe late on N/A it and hopefully it going to run mid14 to mid 13.

Please keep in mind that money is a problem for me and my budget is very limit. Please reply. Thanks a lot for the info and hopefully I will be one of you guy soon. (sorry for the long thread)
Peace,
:confused:

· Registered
2,092 Posts
#1 or maybe #3

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah, what to look for when buying a ludes, it is worst it to buy a lude with some dent with it. Also, how reliable is the jdm h22 swap. Thanks for the info.
P.S. looke like i am going to go with #1 or #3.
Peace:)

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you mean from 93-95 except the 96. hell yeah, I probably be patient and wait for it. Also, it sound like everybody is down with n2o. Its true shis that n2o is most effective and cheapist way to get the pony for the hard earn bucks, and there nothing wrong with n2o. But, I don't know, it is the import scene does not consiter n2o is real power???????No offense. What do you guy think?
Peace:confused:

· Registered
476 Posts
first you should check auto-trader.com and look for a car on there you should find one on that site and get any vtec from 93-95 obd1.If you get a 94 or 95 it will come with leather and the full electro dash then you will be straight.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Find a really cheap 4th gen base prelude, then do the H22a Engine swap... usually 3,000-4,000 installed for the engine and 5-spd with a WARRANTY!

Then it would be like having a Lude VTEC for less

~Peace ;)

· Registered
476 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Find a really cheap 4th gen base prelude, then do the H22a Engine swap... usually 3,000-4,000 installed for the engine and 5-spd with a WARRANTY!

Then it would be like having a Lude VTEC for less

~Peace ;)

your better of bying a vtec stock than doing the swap trust me ive done it.I have a 94 S model and i put in a 93 usdm prelude motor. Save yor self the trouble and get a vtec stock cause if you do the swap you will have to find a good shop that know's what the are doing and at the same time a good price about time you
buy the car then spend about 3,000 for the motor tranny computer then labor your better of geting a vtec stock if you can find one.

· Registered
476 Posts
h22addiction said:
It the 4g lude S interior and handling as nice as the Si or the Vtec and they don't have air back right? Also, how reliable when you drop in the JDM h22a.
Peace,

The inerior of the S is the same in 92-93 with out power door locks 94-96 still no power door lock's and in those year's you get
leather in vtec model and the eltro speedo in the si and vtec other than that the only other thing that's differnt is the vtec rotor' and that's only the front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.