Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I wanted to know about putting a sub in del sols TRUNK. If you have a del-sol and you installed an amp and a sub in the trunk can you please tell me how you did it. I mean where did you find a hole to put RCA and ON/OFF wires through. And one more thing, can you feel/hear the bass from the TRUNK (Cuz the sub is in the trunk and I know that there is a metal panel between trunk and passager compartment which I think kills the sound, but since I've never been in a del-sol with a sub in the trunk I really want to know)
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have 2 10" subs in the trunk, and i routed the wires through the back wall there..u need to drill into the cab...and then you work the wires under the door trim and into the dash...ist hard to explain..just get TONS of wire and play the "hide teh wires" game and you'll be just fine..be creative if need be. It really isnt that difficult.

·
Registered
226 Posts
um... its a bad idea to drill unless you have to. i hope you covered the hole properly so that it wouldn't cut into your power wire and burn a hole in your car....or just blow a fuse.

·
Registered
259 Posts
ive got 2 10in kicker comp-vr's in a vented box in the back (with about 2 inches on each side might i add), and from the INSIDE it sounds friggin sweet, the outside, because of the metal (its not dynomatted) it sounds... i guess you could say bad, but i dont care cuz im not on the outside lol, u could dynomat the trunk which would reduce the rattle and give u a nice clean sound. I had the shop i bought it from put it in and there was already a whole on the left side, i dunno if it was only on certain models, mine is 94 VTEC if it matters

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replyes but I think I didn't ask something clearly enough. Sorry but here we go again, I dont really care how my sub sounds outside either way I will put stuff like DYNOMAT on the floor from front to back but I am not going to use DYNOMAT because its too damn expensive. Well my question was, look if you have a HB or Coupe when you put a sub in the trunk you can hear it pretty clearly because HB doesnt really have anything to stop the BASS and Coupe kinda has holes between the seats and on the "rear speaker holder cover" in the back. So I was asking can you feel/hear the bass clearly or does it feel like the bass is in the other room and all you get is some vibrations?
Thank you again.

·
Registered
259 Posts
your answer: yes you can hear the bass clearly, i like it, but one thing you have to consider...

the car your coming down from.

IE- i had a 2002 Honda CR-V (dont ask why i got rid of it) and had the subs in the back, that shit hit HARD, you could feel the air coming from the back against your head, and when i went to the Del Sol i did notice the sound difference, you loose A LOT of bass cuz there is no place for the air to go, so yes the bass is nice, but its not the greatest, not show quality room in the trunk

·
Registered
451 Posts
im chiming in because of the wire routing part, you shouldnt have anyreason to drill there. There is a pass through, and it can take upwords of 50' of dynomat to do the whole trunk <I know I sat in my trunk and laid every friggin piece> however I cant coment on how the sound is as I have to setups one complete setup in the trunk and another in the cabin, the twin infinity 12"s drown out about everything including most rational thought. But you do have to loose the box's. I suppose it would be possible to mount a single 10" or smaller in the upper middle section in between the rear speakers and mold it down into the box's... but for all that work you'd probably be just as happy with some subs in the trunk its got alot of volume to play with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.