Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,
I thought that this would be a good place to ask. My current set-up is a 1998 Civic CX hatch running on Koni Yellow's with Neuspeed Sport Springs, Suspension Techniques sway bar kit and Skunk2 rear undertie bar. (Just in case... I'm using a Spoon front undertie bar and G-Force front and rear upper tie bars... :p )I do not autocross or do any track time, yet, however I do a bit of back road driving in the twisties that can last for some long periods. Of course I enjoy off-ramps to the fullest.

Do you think that I should worry about subframe tearout? One more thing... I've been looking at the A-Spec-Racing subframe reinforcement kit. Anyone have any experience with it or the company? Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions! :D

Ryan.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What is subframe tearout? other than the name which pretty much explains what it is. What does it look like? I auto-xed the crap out of my Si last year in the stock class with shitty street tires, I manged a 4th place in Novice while my friend co-driving beat me by .010 and took 3rd. But anyway I've got some money this year and I'll be bumping the car to STS. I'll be runing new front and rear lower tiebars, and upper strut bars and a thicker rear swaybar, along with coilovers. Should I be worried about this tearout problem? The car has 98k miles on it and I'll be running aziens also.

·
Registered
933 Posts
get the brase

I have a 96 dx hatch with a integra rear trailing arms and SPC upper and lower control arms with a COMPTECH brase and sway bar all because I was told of the tear out problem and let me tell you it will save you. The sway bar is so big it will tear out the spot welds on the sub frame. and it makes your car handle if not like a porsche better then one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.