Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SUBS IN YOUR TRUNKS? CAN YOU STILL PUT YOUR ROOF IN THERE. CAUSE I WAS AT THE LOCAL CAR AUDIO STORE AND LIKE THE BOXES MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT THE ROOF IN. ALTHOUGH THEY SAID THEY COULD CUSTOM MAKE ONE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE. AND WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH BEING ABLE TO FEEL/HEAR IT CAUSE OF THE WALL BETWEEN THE TRUNK AND CAB. I WAS LOOKING AT A DOUBLE PORTED OBCON BOX WITH THE NEW 1500 WATT EARTHQUAKE SUB AND EARTHQUAKE AMP. IT WOULD ALL COST ABOUT $500-$600. PICS OF YOUR SYSTEMS WOULD BE REALLLY HELPFUL. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had two twelves subs in my trunk, didnt not allow room for the top to be put in there. So i removed the twelves and bought a box for 2 10's that fit behind the driver/pass seats. Sound better than the twelves although i think i might add the twelves later as well as the 10's just for kicks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have pics of your 10's behind your seat? and did you have to take out the storage compartments or just put it over them? The tens did sound better even though being in a smaller box behind the seat?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
targa fits great in trunk with 2 10's back there also. but i just took them out cause i never go louder than the factory speakers anyways.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Unless done correctly, if you put subs behind your seats you could potentially lose seat travel. If built correctly you will easily be able to put 2 10s or 2 12s in your trunk and still be able to fit the top in.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I just got a box that fits on top of the storage. It works for me, although if you are tall, the box does not allow the seats to move all the way back, but i dont mind since im 5'5". Trunk rattling made me do this, otherwise i would have kept the 12's in trunk.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
have fun with thieves. :bomb :ninja

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im thinking i might do that. the problem is though that im 6'1" and i have my seat allllll the way back with it slanted back too. so im gunna have to figure that out.

wheres your amp on that setup too?

looks nice.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Yeah I'm 6 foot flat and still growing...my seat sits a click or two from the far back. I can't afford to lose a lot of seat travel.

Have you looked into the JL Stealthbox?? Just thought I'd throw that option out there for ya.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
93solmccoy said:
yea im thinking i might do that. the problem is though that im 6'1" and i have my seat allllll the way back with it slanted back too. so im gunna have to figure that out.

wheres your amp on that setup too?

looks nice.
even if i had my subs behind the seats, id keep my amp where it is now, mounted on the rear wall of the trunk. nice clean look, wires going right into the carpet on the backwall. its a little more of a pain to wire through the cabin to the trunk, but it isnt that hard. or time consuming. and you can drill screws through the wall to mount it without breaking your rear window too. only cons about subs in the trunk is that it rattles. there is dynamat. ;)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ksniperfox said:
even if i had my subs behind the seats, id keep my amp where it is now, mounted on the rear wall of the trunk. nice clean look, wires going right into the carpet on the backwall. its a little more of a pain to wire through the cabin to the trunk, but it isnt that hard. or time consuming. and you can drill screws through the wall to mount it without breaking your rear window too. only cons about subs in the trunk is that it rattles. there is dynamat. ;)

lol thats where i have mine! :number1

also i was going to get a custom box but it would have cost me $300.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
you guys need to start sitting up and correctly in your cars......im 6 feet tall and my seat is far from the back

however my seat does not allow me to recline so maybe thts why i sit closer idk

i love seeing ricers in there car and all you can see is their knuckles and the brim of their hat....fuckin idiots

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its just cause i have long legs.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
soul 93 said:
you guys need to start sitting up and correctly in your cars......im 6 feet tall and my seat is far from the back

however my seat does not allow me to recline so maybe thts why i sit closer idk

i love seeing ricers in there car and all you can see is their knuckles and the brim of their hat....fuckin idiots

lol and they jump up to see over the window :hehe :hehe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ummm not quite sure what thats supposed to mean. but whatever

:hehe <<<<<you are gayyy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.