Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got subs in there sols? IF so where? how big? and any problems...

I heard that having subs in the trunk and the roof in there ... it will make the roof raddle.. is that true?? also if u have pics that would be great... I have a chance to get a custom enclosure for two 10's i think.... That fits right behind the seats.. i was just wondering how this would sound... Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have 3-10' JL'S behind the seats in a custom fiberglass box that is removable for race....no probs at all......I think it is sooooooo pointless to put subs in the trunk of a SOL because there is a steel wall,window motor, window between the trunk and the cockpit you can barely even hear nor feel the bass......and when I had subs back there there wasnt any probs with the roof rattling, ohhh yea BTW I hit 145.6 DB'S last week:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
NOSVTEC said:
I have 3-10' JL'S behind the seats in a custom fiberglass box that is removable for race....no probs at all......I think it is sooooooo pointless to put subs in the trunk of a SOL because there is a steel wall,window motor, window between the trunk and the cockpit you can barely even hear nor feel the bass......and when I had subs back there there wasnt any probs with the roof rattling, ohhh yea BTW I hit 145.6 DB'S last week:D

thats not true. bass can travel through objects because low frequencies are slow waveforms and can go through solids unlike high frequencies. thats why u can hear and feel bass in ur house when a car goes by with a system or when your in ur car next to someone with a system. i have seen a few del sols with subs in the trunk. one with 2 10's and one with 4 12's in a custom box.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am just saying from experiance I had my 3-10's in the trunk and hit around an average of 140db at a 35hz burp and now that they are actually in the cabin I gained 5.6DB's if you know about Decibles that is a hell of a jump,and a hella lot louder.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had a 12" Memphis Studio in a sealed box in the turnk and sounded hella clean. Had a 10" Bazooka tube behind the seat and sounded like ass. Now I have a 15" RF HE in the spare wheel well and it sounds really nice. Just dynamat your trunk and you won't get that nasty rattling.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i actually hear the bass better in the trunk. It makes the cabin act as a resonating chamber, and it's really deep smooth bass. That's what i look for NEwayz, not a lotta bumpin. I used to have it behind my seat, but it didn't sound as great. Just my opinion

·
Registered
806 Posts
ne 1 know a good set up for subs...? i wanna get a box for my trunk but all the boxes are WAY to tall, i need a really thin box that just lays flat, realy flat so then i can just put my stuff on top of it...i was looking at bass tubes but to expensive and not very good....maybe an audio place could make a really thing box for me? i was thinking 2 10's or maybe even 3 10's in a very small thin box

·
Registered
146 Posts
bass tubes suck ass. I regret getting them. I agree with Viet. Sounds clean in the trunk. If you're confident enough do what i did and just put a 15 in your spare wheel well or a 12" or actually you can just put a skeleton box (regular sealed box, basically looks like a cube) in your trunk and you'll be fine. My old set up
Memphis 6.5 in cabin
Memphis studio 12" sub
Memphis amp
you'll be fine with that it'll hit hard and clean.

Current set up
Rocford 15" HE
Memphis amp
Rocford 6.5 in cabin
Hits nice

what are you looking to spend?
If you have some bucks consider an all Kicker system or Memphis. some may not agree with the Memphis, buuut I have to back the brand that's in my ride.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Angry Sol

I had that setup before... it's nuts whoadie

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah

your better off jus Dynamatting the whole inside of the trunk. It will be the last time that rattle will ever be heard.Trust me and Goldenboy, we kno whut we r talkin bout.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a JL 12'' sub in my trunk and the lid rattles pretty hard since its completly flat. Its not like nasty nasty nasty nasty rattle, but its kinda nasty. Well at least my trunk has that nastified bump :D and it sounds ghetto fabulous fo sho!

and dynomat is like a foil like substance with sticky stuff to dampen rattle, i heard if you dynomat the whole trunk you cant feel no thump fo sheezy!

·
Registered
806 Posts
i went to audio express today and they said they could make me a custom box for behind my seats for around $250 and thend hed give me a package deal on the other speakers/amp/cd player.....the box would hold 2 10's and wouldnt go up to the window, it would stop before the window begins and would just cover the compartments...theyd take the top off the compartments and fiberglass the speakers in it...

·
Registered
641 Posts
yo

jlui83
hey, do you kno where car trends on Richmond highway? Maybe you can go 2 the stereo shop on backlick road in the same shopping centre as Nu Image motorsports:megar:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bangnazzintergra-

yeh i know where that is.. but damn.. that place is hella expensive.. haha.. hmm Illl see though.. I might just buy my friends friends custom sub box behind the seats... for $200 for both box and the subs.. just gotta get the amp..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.