Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was wondering if my idea of creating a "wall" in the trunk for my sub would be a good idea...I wanted to know if it is going to give me the same quality as before...I've never installed my sub in this car, only my 94talon...and that was a hatch so it was a little different...Anyway here is my idea...I'm going to keep the box the sub is in...I'm going to secure that box to another piece of MDF and make that fit the trunk...It will end up looking like the picture with only the sub...and maybe the amp on the wall showing...The red is what i would be using the MDF for...any ideas are welcome...thanks...The picture is here Sub Idea because i couldnt get it to load on here...its on page three...

·
Registered
189 Posts
just take cardboard and cut it to fit where u wanna put the wood to trim it out and there u go and make lil boards on ur box to attach the trim panels too and possibly some legs for the trim panels cuz they are gonna be big.

·
Registered
49 Posts
no offense... but all that for one sub? :rolleyes

correct me if im wrong, but your trunk isnt airtight.... and i doubt the wood panels would change that, and subs need a certain amount of space right?... so that means your subs will be way out of tune, and will prolly sound like shit?... maybe i dunno wut im talkin about... but thats wut i think?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking to make it air tight...thats why i am attaching the sub box to the back of the wall...i was just wondering if it is going to affect the sound having it facing my dash instead of the trunk...I'm just going for a look of the sub and amp on the wall instead of them sitting in the trunk aimlessly...

·
Registered
189 Posts
well it all depends ppl do say its louder facing the rear of the trunk instead of firing fwd. its alot of trial and error really. but u got a trunk car right not a hatch?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think the only good thing about this idea was viewing the link and on the first page with the girl flashing her boobies...thats all i have to say.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That really doesnt matter to me if you hate my idea or not...i think its going to look sweet when i finish it...i just wanted people opinions :wow

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I have a 98 seden and in my exp. facing the sub to the front has taken alot of the output away

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Nothing now,I'm cutting down on the weight of my car.but i had a 12W7 in a 2 to 2.3 cu ft ported box tuned to 30 hz ran with a JBL BP1200.1

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i've decided to junk the idea for now cuz i installed the sub and it sounds alot better facing the rear than the front...

·
Registered
189 Posts
98civic4door said:
Nothing now,I'm cutting down on the weight of my car.but i had a 12W7 in a 2 to 2.3 cu ft ported box tuned to 30 hz ran with a JBL BP1200.1
i think it was closer to 2.5 cu ft and maybe sub 30hz range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TWO options:
A: the sub is in a box of some sort, firing toward the rear.

B: the sub is in a box of some sort.... firing into the back seat... AND the air gap between the back seat is completely sealed off, so that no air can pass from the cabin to the trunk....

B2: Again... subs facing back of seat... trunk is sealed off by the sub box.... (note: make sure rear deck is sealed off too or it doesn't work right!)... and back of sub box has apierotic vent...... (see also: USD Grand national.... 4 time world champ...
http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick/
)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts