Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody in here know where i can find a "QUALiTY assured" box for a 12inch jL audio W7 (ported/vent). i was thinking about building my own but i'm afraid once the bass hits my box might explode or some shit.- thanks

websites? phone #'s?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
csuho said:
u can pm me. and u can ask 98civic4dr about my quality workmenship.
Where do you live at? Do you live in the bay area or sacramento area? If so, Id be intrested to buy a box from you if the price is right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know minimum thickness is like 3/4 of an inch. does it matter if it is twice that size? will it make a difference? good or bad? and will the sound be affected depending on who builds the thing.

i think jl audio probably charges 200$+ for their encloser but i can pick up something like that for 40$.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
allshownogo said:
i know minimum thickness is like 3/4 of an inch. does it matter if it is twice that size? will it make a difference? good or bad? and will the sound be affected depending on who builds the thing.

i think jl audio probably charges 200$+ for their encloser but i can pick up something like that for 40$.
You will not find a JL H.O. box for $200,talk to csuho he built me a box for my 12W7 and it is great,He is really easy to deal with and quick to keep in touch.

:tu :tu I would and probly wiil get him to do other thing for me in the future

·
Registered
189 Posts
SuperAkuma said:
Where do you live at? Do you live in the bay area or sacramento area? If so, Id be intrested to buy a box from you if the price is right.

i am in nashville. and pm me if u want a price on something. i am more than happy to build almost anything for any1.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
csuho said:
i am in nashville. and pm me if u want a price on something. i am more than happy to build almost anything for any1.
Thanks, im sure your box are really good and you might have some great price but S/H will be too much. I would rather have someone local build it for me and pick it up.

But Ill keep that in mind if I cant find anyone locally that would do it for me. I got qouted once for $400 for a SINGLE 12" box at my local shop :bh

Ill see how much I get back from my tax. Right now I have a pair of PG Ti10 in a cheap sealed Q logic box that I bought for $50. Im thinking of going with 2 ported Ti10 or a single RE SE or SX in a ported box.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i could build u a single 12 box and have it shipped to u for half of what the shop wanted to charge. possibly less depending how u wanted it to look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts