Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought a jl audio 15" w0 8 ohm. i also bought two 12 inch w0 8ohms but they are in a box wired to 4 ohms. could i get a amp that is 300 by 2 at 4 0hms and hook up the 12's to one channel and run 150rms to them and wire the 15 to one channel and get 150 rms because it is 8 ohm? and also is it dumb to have two different sized woofers on my car? will it sound good? bad? thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
tytyguy said:
why would it sound like poop? i do know what im doing.
If you know what you are doing than why are you asking for help?

:D

Yes it is stupid to run 2 different subs size in the trunk. The 12s are quicker than the 15 so you will have a tigher bass on the 12s and some lagging bass with the 15.

What kind of car do you have where you can fit two 12s and a 15?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
tytyguy said:
im not asking for help, i am asking if two different size subs would sound good or bad. i am asking information from someone with expierience who has had two different size subs in their car or has heard something like that
well he answered your question.
If you relally want 2 different size subs and want it to sound good with no cancellation you would have to get crossovers so you can have the 15's for like 20-45 hz and the 12's for 46-80Hz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
acuradriva said:
well he answered your question.
If you relally want 2 different size subs and want it to sound good with no cancellation you would have to get crossovers so you can have the 15's for like 20-45 hz and the 12's for 46-80Hz
Which is ENTIRELY not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
csuho said:
i don't know of any1 that has done that but only sq guys and its usually 8s up front in the the doors or something then 12s in the back.. i just wouldn't recomend doing it.
For starters, the 8s up front are used as midbass. Secondly, why wouldn't you recommend doing it?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
tytyguy said:
i have a honda accord, and why wouldnt that fit. thats nothing i could pile 10 subs in my car easily. you get 4 10's on the rear deck. i could fiberglass probaly 3 in the wheel well. about 6 around that. i could fit more too.
Yeah, you go do that and post pictures.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Depending on which car you have but its going to soung like CRAP with 15's and 2 12's..... HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.