Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watup yall..
i just got a 93 civic hatch CX with d16z6 motor bout a week. When i got it home, it run pretty damn fast, i also notice in the morning when warming up the car, it only takes 2 min to warm up (past cold).....this is where i f**k up..after a week i remove the positive cable of the battery to install an amp, and when i put back the cable and start the car..i notice the car takes like 7-8min to warm up in the morning...also the car now run slow like hell in all gears, feels like im running a d15 now...Im not sure wheater i reset anything because i remove the battery cable? maybe ecu? wtf is ecu by the way :eek ...or maybe the guy that i bought the car from he put some kinda mod or some shieet that make the car run faster..any opinion?

·
Registered
517 Posts
pulling off the battery terminal should have nothing to do with your car now running terrible. i mean its been proven that reseting your ecu can yield slight gains when adding new parts but nothing you could really tell. my guess is that its probably jumped time maybe. is vtec still kicking in? first of all how is the vtec wired up? did the guy install a p28 ecu or did he just do the shitty rpm activated switch on a stock cx ecu?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno much about ecu, but he has the rpm sunpro (TACHOMETER) in the car dash.. it is connected to the vtec i guess, it has a hole bunch of colorful wires., you can set the light to trigger on when you want it to warn you to shift. i dunno if thats the thing that activate the vtec or not?.. i called the guy that i bought the car from and he say he haven't changed the ecu....but before the car runs alot faster and it react quicker too...... :eek ....hey, what you mean by it might be the jump time? how can i put that back to before ? :aww i've been reading bout how vtec kik in and activitate..but now my car is running like crap, i can't tell the difference,

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Take it to a shop. If you know this little about cars you need someone experienced to help you. Do you have a friend that has worked on cars a bunch? That would be who I would call..... then if not take it to a shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts