Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting window tint but i really dont know what kind i should get [other then street legal] my car is tafetta white rignt now with a tan interior and eventually i want to get my car painted black so i need a tint that'll go with both.

also... which black will look nice on a 2k2civic. im lookin for a shade of black that'll have a nice showroom shine? :)

thanks for your time and opinions

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
I'm going to assume that you want an idea on different % of tint...

My SE-R with 5% tint..

Integra with 20%

Hope that helped somewhat....

Jason

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was actually talkin about if i should get mirror tint/ colored tint [a friend of mine suggested blue] or whatever else there is but that does help a lot :)
thanx

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Ohh well for me personally I'm not much of tinting windows with different colors. However mirrot tint looks alright to me. However most people around here only do about half their windows since they don't want to get pulled over by cops for the illegal tint. Half mirror tint to me looks ugly, full looks better but its a big distraction to others when driving.

Good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
145 Posts
In my expert opinion... :p I think that you should stick with the basic black, and work on your percentages! BTW, when do you really expect to color the car black? Another BTW, how does the car look now without the damage - Was it a good job? :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:: mace ::

the repair on my bumper went well with only one flaw... when they put the badges from my old bumper on the new one they over did it on the adhesive < sp? >

as far as the respray goes... im lookin @ sometime next year [mid or closer to 2k4]. i was thinkin black but im kinda liking the Spectra Blue Mica toyota uses on their celica.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Indy,

I did not think that they would even need to touch the badges. I mean, it was just the lower portion of the bumper and the taillight, right? There are no badges...? I do like that color paint on the Celica, but you would need to have black tinted windows in my opinion to be able to pull it off with your car. A dark (as much as you are allowed) black tint will really pull the most out of that color.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reason for the badges was because they had to replace the whole bumper. it was cracked in some areas. plus, the little grip thingys were broken too :p its all good though, im probably just gonna de-badge the car and paint my mirrors, my car will look like an ex ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
What are the mirrors black? Anyway, I am not trying to disuade (sp?) you on the paint job, but I was just posting opinions... As for the bumper thing, I guess that it was more damaged than I had thought, although I did like the look of Bungee's and Duct Tape. :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
indmand82 said:
they were zip-ties dude.... zip-ties were holding up my bumper :p
GOOD! I am glad that we got that all sorted out! CHECK YOUR E-Mails and get back to me... You have no idea how difficult it is to get ahold of the internet over here without going to one of those over-priced cafes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts