Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Excuse me, but I like to be called a "corporate chauvinist" if you don't mind. Not need to bring up the R word. :cool

:hehe :lol2

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
tha_con said:
Well, the thing is, if I see an article that I find to be inaccurate, or simply rumor, and I comment on it, in any way, negative or not, saying it's wrong, the retaliation is exponentially larger than my initial post.

"PS3 doesn't sell well in Europe"

me: "PS3 sold 600K in EU at launch, that's pretty good I'd think"

retaliation: "dude your opinion means dick, it's only because it's not supply constrained, 600K is trash, shut up"

I don't think I'd be such an asshole if I could possibly refute some bogus article that is easily proven wrong without people freaking out because I'm *not* shitting on the PS3 for whatever reason. I hold it to the same standard I held my 360 to last year. It had a lot of potential coming, not "Hey, this piece of shit isn't worth $400, fuck this machine".

But that's the view people here apparently have. Instant satisfaction (in a 4 year lifespan) or nothing at all.
Its not like I gave up on my PS3...not in the least. I still own the damn thing, so if that isn't proof enough I don't know what is. And you "refuting" articles is a really nice way to explain your rants... :hehe I just take the machine for what it is right now...obviously that will change so I fail to understand why you get so mad about the fact that I am unimpressed at this point. :confused

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
blackdelsol94 said:
Its not like I gave up on my PS3...not in the least. I still own the damn thing, so if that isn't proof enough I don't know what is. And you "refuting" articles is a really nice way to explain your rants... :hehe I just take the machine for what it is right now...obviously that will change so I fail to understand why you get so mad about the fact that I am unimpressed at this point. :confused
Because it's stupid to be unimpressed before you even know what the console has to offer.

"I own a Porsche, but I haven't been able to take it on the highway, and thus far, I'm unimpressed".

[/stupidity]

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
tha_con said:
Because it's stupid to be unimpressed before you even know what the console has to offer.

"I own a Porsche, but I haven't been able to take it on the highway, and thus far, I'm unimpressed".

[/stupidity]
what he's saying is this:

there's no reason to be impressed over, say, a 360, because aside from the few games out right now and the hd-movies, it's got nothing to offer in terms of next gen games yet.

the difference between that, and your example is a porsche comes with everything when you get it. games are not yet inherent to ps3. while they will come, they aren't here yet, and thus you can't judge the console.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
what he's saying is this:

there's no reason to be impressed over, say, a 360, because aside from the few games out right now and the hd-movies, it's got nothing to offer in terms of next gen games yet.

the difference between that, and your example is a porsche comes with everything when you get it. games are not yet inherent to ps3. while they will come, they aren't here yet, and thus you can't judge the console.
So even though he's seen what it can do (from many press release video's and trailers of very impressive gameplay footage) he can still be unimpressed with it?

It's one thing to say "I don't play it because there aren't any games". It's another thing to say it's unimpressive simply because you're not playing those games right now. No matter which way you cut it, the PS3 is an impressive console.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
tha_con said:
So even though he's seen what it can do (from many press release video's and trailers of very impressive gameplay footage) he can still be unimpressed with it?

It's one thing to say "I don't play it because there aren't any games". It's another thing to say it's unimpressive simply because you're not playing those games right now. No matter which way you cut it, the PS3 is an impressive console.
What I'm not aloud to be unimpressed with it, is that it? :hehe I am starting to question if you really READ my posts. I have told you time and time again the PS3 has an impressive line up in the works. But no, and I've said this before as well, I am not currently impressed. Why should I be satisfied with games that have yet to be released?

I will be impressed when all the big games ARE released, but as of right now I am not. Apparently all it takes to impress you is game trailers... :rolleyes The bottom line is that a console can only offer what is currently out. A bunch of games that are a few months out yet do not have any effect on what is currently available, which is why I remain CURRENTLY, as in today, unimpressed with what the PS3 has to offer.

BTW, your car analogy is terrible. The PS3 has a bright future, but as Saint said it is different in that the PS3 does not come with everything from the get go.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
blackdelsol94 said:
BTW, your car analogy is terrible. The PS3 has a bright future, but as Saint said it is different in that the PS3 does not come with everything from the get go.
Really? When I bought it, I had Resistance, Fight Night, Madden, and Call of Duty to entertain me, then MotorStorm, GT: HD, and Formula 1.

So, if I am to understand you correctly, the PS3 would need to come with the following items to have "everything from the get go".

Console. Check.
Controller. Check.
Available Games. Check.
Internet Capability. Check.
Downloadable Games. Check.
Hard Drive. Check.
Media Capability. Check.

I'm sorry, what exactly am I missing? It seems to have "everything from the get go" with more to come. Please don't tell me you think that there needs to be a great game every month from launch, because honestly, if you EXPECTED that, then you're crazy. Point blank, the PS3's lineup thus far has been equal to what the 360 had to offer in it's first year, and possibly more. If you seriously expected the PS3 to release with hundreds of titles (which has never once happened with any console) then the fool here is you.

Wii launch = poor (games still suck).
PS3 Launch = Poor (games still suck).
360 launch = Poor (games sucked for 1st year).

What makes any of these consoles different? The price, your only qualm for having such thoughts or feelings are it's price, you don't think it's valid, whatever, blah blah. If you didn't know what you were getting into when you bought it, that's you. I knew that Blu-Ray was a big buy for me, and my 1080p HDTV serves a great purpose now. The problem is you generalize and make it sound like everyone has the same feelings as you, which just isn't the case.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
tha_con said:
Really? When I bought it, I had Resistance, Fight Night, Madden, and Call of Duty to entertain me, then MotorStorm, GT: HD, and Formula 1.

So, if I am to understand you correctly, the PS3 would need to come with the following items to have "everything from the get go".

Console. Check.
Controller. Check.
Available Games. Check.
Internet Capability. Check.
Downloadable Games. Check.
Hard Drive. Check.
Media Capability. Check.

I'm sorry, what exactly am I missing? It seems to have "everything from the get go" with more to come. Please don't tell me you think that there needs to be a great game every month from launch, because honestly, if you EXPECTED that, then you're crazy. Point blank, the PS3's lineup thus far has been equal to what the 360 had to offer in it's first year, and possibly more. If you seriously expected the PS3 to release with hundreds of titles (which has never once happened with any console) then the fool here is you.

Wii launch = poor (games still suck).
PS3 Launch = Poor (games still suck).
360 launch = Poor (games sucked for 1st year).

What makes any of these consoles different? The price, your only qualm for having such thoughts or feelings are it's price, you don't think it's valid, whatever, blah blah. If you didn't know what you were getting into when you bought it, that's you. I knew that Blu-Ray was a big buy for me, and my 1080p HDTV serves a great purpose now. The problem is you generalize and make it sound like everyone has the same feelings as you, which just isn't the case.
Wow, you completely missed my point. I did not want a grocery list of things the PS3 literally came with out of the box. :bash

My point is that if you buy a Porsche it is everything you pay for from day one. It would be as if you bought a PS3 and every game that would come out for it in the next 5 years would already be available.

Stop talking down to me, obviously I know it doesn't "release with hundreds of titles." This is why you come off as an ass. Do you think I would be arguing with you right now if I didn't know at least A LITTLE BIT about the industry and video games themselves?

Price IS my biggest qualm. Why? Because why the hell should someone pay $120-200 more for a PS3 when they can get the same experience, if not even a little better, on the 360? I am still unimpressed because there has yet to be a game that validates my $600 purchase, why is this so hard to understand for you? I have seen everything the PS3 has to offer. The PS3 can only OFFER what is currently available. Titles that are still a few months off are not something the PS3 can OFFER, because THEY HAVE YET TO BE RELEASED. If I cannot go into the store and buy it, it is not what you would call, an "offering."

To your credit, if you were someone with ONLY a PS3, you may feel more contempt with your purchase because you do not have anything to compare it to. My PS3 is sitting next to another machine that cost me $200 less, yet can offer all the same games and then some. What does the PS3 have at this point? Resistance and Motorstorm. That is where the line is drawn. You have said it yourself, it all comes down to exclusives, and those are the only ones the PS3 have at this point that even come close to "outstanding."

I'm tired of arguing with you about this though. No matter what I say to you, it does not matter. You just keep giving me the same BS, simply because I do not yet feel me purchase was worthwhile(note: keywords are NOT YET).

41 - 48 of 48 Posts