Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been saving up a bunch of money for my car and am now going to be buying a few things. So far I'm buying:

New suspension setup (Tokico Blues w/ Tom's Racing adj. coils)
New doors (since mine are kinda rusty)
New header, piping and muffler (probably Borla)

I'm still undecided on what kind of header I want. I'm leaning towards an OBX Racing header, because I am on a budget (I'm 18 and saving money for school next year too). I have heard good things about OBX, plus I heard they're made in the same place as DCSports, so they have to be fairly similar.

Still reading up on some other brands, like Pacesetter and Hedman Chikara. I don't know if I like those as much as the OBX though.

Any suggestions or some tips from experience would be helpful!! I'll give out reps!!!

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice on Pacesetter, I didn't know much about them other than they are relatively cheap.

With the exhaust, I'm going to buy the header and downpipe, and I'm pretty set on a Borla turbo style muffler, unless someone can change my mind. I'm never going to buy a cat back system, it's stupid. You pay waaaaay too much for them and they usually have to be modified to fit anyways.

I'm open to other brands of headers, as long as it's similar in price to OBX.

*edit*
Deathiscertain, Njn63, you've all been repped :)
Tried to rep Stjohnscrx, but I need to spread it first...

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
I have never used an OBX header but have used other products and they are great. I have some OBX gauges that work great and my friend Luke is a dealer for OBX so i get stuff dirt cheap. A new boost gauge for my bro's Jetta GLI was $20 lol but im about to get Stage 3 OBX cams for $300, the dude luke has them in his 11sec integra and they work great. I think im going with most OBX stuff on my motor cuz i get it cheap but let me know how the heqader is if you buy it cuz im thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hedman headers are TERRIBLE. Probably just as bad as pacesetter. My buddy bought one for his eclipse and he had to have the flange reground because it was warped. It has happend to another friend of mine who owns a 240sx. So i wouldn't recomend hedman or pacesetter!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
A FRIEND OF MINE HAS THEM IN HIS CAR. ID DRIVIN IT BEFORE AND AFTER AND THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE. HE DYNO'D IT AND THE NUMBERS WHERE AROUND THE SAME AS HE EXPECTED IT TO BE WITH A FEW THINGS HE ADDED. BELIEVE ME IF I COULD AFFORD THEM SHITS ID GET UM TOO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts