Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the local tire shop today and checked out come tires and took a look at the sumitomo HTRZ II. are these good tires or would i be better off with kuhmo, by the way the sumitomos and the kuhmos were about the same price. thanks:D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well, I'm looking at www.tirerack.com ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/uhp.jsp ) and the reviews say that they perform pretty much equivalent to each other. The number of people that said they'd buy them again is higher for the kumho than the sumitomo, but the performance of the sumitomo looks a little higher for most catagories. I'm not a big fan of the tread pattern, but that's entirely preferential. Tire rack's own reviews rank them as essentially equal

·
Registered
350 Posts
A while back I purchased Sumitomos for my wife's 95 Mazda 626. We had the HTR4 tires and they lasted forever. If the HTRZ is anything like the HTR4, I would definitely recommend it!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
but counting the fact that they have pretty low thread wear than others, it's only rated at 220... shoot they won't last like my kumho though theoritically speaking.

is it really worth to count the thread wear ratings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts