Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
well, one lifts up on hinges kinda, while the other slides into the roof, between the headliner and under the metal skin of the roof

It would take a lot of skill, idk if your up for the challenge, are you?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, one lifts up on hinges kinda, while the other slides into the roof, between the headliner and under the metal skin of the roof

It would take a lot of skill, idk if your up for the challenge, are you?
see i thought that the hindge would be interchangeable. is it? if so this should be relativly easy... if not... im not even gonna try. i mean i picked up the sunroof for free so im not loosing anything haha

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Im not sure we are on the same page here. take some pictures please

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure we are on the same page here. take some pictures please
ill snap some when i get to the house (im in class) but the crx came with a body matched metal sunroof that isnt transparent. the 1991 civic si came with a glass sunroof similar to the eg. however. the crxs lifts up and slides back where as the civic si's goes straight back into the body. what im wondering is can the sun roof from the si (just the glass maybe) be swapped out for the crxs. i want it to be glass because i am used to having a glass one and being able to see out of it. with the crx sun roof i cant do that unless the sun roof is opened. so ill take some more pics when i get home and ill let you know whats up with it. if i decide to do ill do a little write up on it just in case.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Oh I see what yer saying. You wanna see through panel instead of just a panel of roof moving around.

Id say eye em up, whip out the measuring tape, and go to town. Make a writeup to.

You may also consider having the glass custom made if that dont work. As long as the glass itself isnt curving, they could do it for less than 100 bucks. My buddy had 4 of those lil square foglights he used for a sleepy eye mod on his ford probe and he got the nasty yellow lenses replaced with custom clear ones for 2 bucks each

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I see what yer saying. You wanna see through panel instead of just a panel of roof moving around.

Id say eye em up, whip out the measuring tape, and go to town. Make a writeup to.

You may also consider having the glass custom made if that dont work. As long as the glass itself isnt curving, they could do it for less than 100 bucks. My buddy had 4 of those lil square foglights he used for a sleepy eye mod on his ford probe and he got the nasty yellow lenses replaced with custom clear ones for 2 bucks each
ill look into that. ill check it all out tonight and let you know whats up with it man. im hoping that it will work but i think the sliders will have to be used from the crx and the crx switch and motor. and just the actualy solid roof will have to be used from the civic.. hmmm ill let you know what i come up with.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Sounds good

· Registered
233 Posts
where did you find a glass sun roof on a crx? I always seen the same color panel only never a glass one except on a hf crx that had a after market sun roof put in. and that one was leaky and shoddy work.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
They were available, just not so common. My dad had oen I think. They dont make an aftermarket sunroof for the crx......

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where did you find a glass sun roof on a crx? I always seen the same color panel only never a glass one except on a hf crx that had a after market sun roof put in. and that one was leaky and shoddy work.
hmm well im pretty sure i stated i had a glass sunroof from a 91 civic si. not a crx. i wanted to swap the oem body matched panel on my crx for this glass sunroof i picked up from a 91 civic si..... but mattleston so far im working on shit for that da teggy sun roof lol im thinking itll fit!!! when i start on this project ill get pics for you bro

· Registered
10,346 Posts
GOOD! :btu If you get it done, Ill team up with Stewie and throw you a sexy party :lol family guy > ***

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.