Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hey everyone.
well i bought a 1996 Prelude about 3 days ago, on Friday, and i love the car but i hate that the sunroof is painted and not glass. is there any way to get a glass sunroof with the sliding cover for my car?
any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aslo, my roof opens up and out. does the 5th gen one do that too?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
h22achris said:
you can actually swap out the 5th gen roof for yours with some modification to the roof brackets but sorry no cover just glass

:stupid

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 5th gen fits...not perfect.
You have to trim some of the rubber guides about an inch i think...search, im sure it's here somewhere...

nice man. On my 3rd gen, teh moonroof slides in, not out and over, which i prefer more.

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The one thing Preludes are known for is their standard equipment-moonroof. The 1st gen had a moonroof if im not mistaken, the 2nd gen is far the biggest freaking moonroof i have seen so far..
:number1

·
Registered
255 Posts
FAQ'd 4G Sunroof Conversion

Its still going to open the same and not have a slide cover but this may help!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Mr.13Luder said:
The 5th gen fits...not perfect.
You have to trim some of the rubber guides about an inch i think...search, im sure it's here somewhere...

nice man. On my 3rd gen, teh moonroof slides in, not out and over, which i prefer more.

:)
1) It does fit perfectly...
2) In my writeup it says you need to trim the guides, but I've been told that you don't need to. If you WANTED to, it's like... 1/4 of an inch of rubber that's not necessary

Here is a link to the writeup I did on my 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC Moonroof to Sunroof conversion...http://superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213452

You don't get the sliding cover that the 5th Gen has, but it's tinted glass so I never really needed it anway. Love it, fits perfect, cost me a little less than $200 for parts.

People that CLAIM that it doesn't fit are retarded because they use the 5th Gen sunroof brackets which are about 1/4 inch taller than the 4th Gen. If you drill new holes in the 4th Gen brackets it sits perfectly flush with the roof. The weather stripping sits about 1/16" above the roof of the car because it's much softer than your current stripping and people don't even notice unless I point it out.

Check the FAQ's... TONS of useful info in there. Reason I made the writeup is because people were constantly asking the same question and I decided to give them a permanent answer... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
255 Posts
904lude said:
FAQ'd 4G Sunroof Conversion

Its still going to open the same and not have a slide cover but this may help!
hmmm? got that covered already thanks!!!! what do people just completely ignore and skip over my posts? jk
props for the writeup IHIPrelude94

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.